New plug-in: Import/export questions to and from Word

Re: New plug-in: Import/export questions to and from Word

by Eoin Campbell -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have updated this plug-in once again, to support Cloze questions, including the Short Answer, Multichoice and Numerical field types.

I have managed to avoid using any of the arcane syntax normally required by Moodle for these questions (i.e. {1:MULTICHOICE:%100%Tom#Right~Dick#Wrong~Harry#Wronger} ), by
using bold (MC), italic (SA) and underline (NUM) formats instead.

In addition, MC field words inside a paragraph or list are automatically aggregated, so the text is quite readable, for the text: “… and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” the dropdowns contain all 3 items (and more, see attached image).

You can try it out at www.moodle2word.net (login/password test/test).

It also strikes me that the approach of mapping formatting to field types could also work with HTML. Someone could write a HTML filter to convert bold, italic, and underline inserted in the Moodle Quiz Cloze Question web form into the required format.

The new Word template now also supports Essay and Description questions, just for completeness.
Attachment cloze_mc.gif