How to Remove "Quiz Closes" column

How to Remove "Quiz Closes" column

by CDA CDA -
Number of replies: 9
anyone know?

The page im talking about is the one that displays all quizzes in a particular course along with number of attempts and feedback.

In fact, can anyone tell me how to remove the "Feedback" column as well?

help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to CDA CDA

Re: How to Remove "Quiz Closes" column

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I would be interested to know why you want to remove these columns.

You might be able to do this with a custom theme. Something like

#mod-quiz-index table .c2,
#mod-quiz-index table .c4 {
display: none;
}
In reply to Tim Hunt

by CDA CDA -
simply because there is no date for when the quiz closes nor is there "feedback" as such. is there no way i can control the display of these columns. The screenshot below shows what im getting at, it would be good if i could just have "best grade" displayed.

Thanks!
Attachment quiz_closes.jpg
In reply to CDA CDA

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, the columns should probably be automatically be hidden if they would otherwise be empty.

Except feedback is tricky, because it should not just be a question of can this student see any feedback now, but will they have any by the time they have completed the quiz. Still, if you can be bothered, file a feature request at http://tracker.moodle.org/, and get some people to vote for it, and it will probably get implemented.

In the meantime, if you can add that CSS I gave you to the theme (or get someone to do it for you) it will probably work.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by CDA CDA -
thanks for your reply

and yeh thats the thing, they don't get feedback even after completing the quiz, they only get feedback for each question individually.

and wow it should be automatically hidden????? coz it definitely is empty... but not hidden :S lol i use Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090204)

thanks again for prompt replies - i may use the css mod u provided -

In reply to CDA CDA

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Good Question,

I have came across the same situation, i neva found a way to remove them.

Finally i did a hack into moodles code and removed the column.

And now living happily (only going to last till i upgrade to newer version of moodle, awaiting 2.0 for long time) :P

i would like to know if there are better ways to do the same. Experts this posts needs your attention, Plz comment.

In reply to Ravishankar Somasundaram

by CDA CDA -
yeh im pretty surprised at this - would've thought it was a fairly straightforward feature.... apparently not haha
In reply to CDA CDA

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
yeah true indeed,

when we are not specifying any close date for the quiz it should not display an column saying "quiz closes".

i wonder how so many moodle users did not find this annoying ! !

In reply to CDA CDA

by Sam Hemelryk -
Hello all,

I have just committed a patch to head to achieve this.
The closing date and Feedback columns are now hidden if none of the quizzes being shown have a closing date or feedback.

The feedback column will however still be shown if there is any possible feedback that may one day be achieved even if it has not yet. Thus if a single quiz has any possible feedback you will still see the feedback column

Big thanks to Tim for checking the patch

Thanks Sam