Version: 3.7.9+ October 4, 2020
Authors: Richard Lobb, University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Tim Hunt, The Open University, UK
CodeRunner is a Moodle question type that allows teachers to run a program in order to grade a student's answer. By far the most common use of CodeRunner is in programming courses where students are asked to write program code to some specification and that code is then graded by running it in a series of tests. CodeRunner questions have also been used in other areas of computer science and engineering to grade questions in which many different correct answers are possible and a program must be used to assess correctness.
For full documentation of CodeRunner see https://coderunner.org.nz/mod/url/view.php?id=199.
This is a maintenance release from version 3.7.9 to resolve an issue when upgrading CodeRunner on Moodle versions 3.9.1+ and beyond.
Note: a few sample quizzes containing example CodeRunner questions are available at coderunner.org.nz. There's also a forum there, where you can post CodeRunner questions, such as requests for help if things go wrong, or are looking for ideas on how to write some unusual question type.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.0, Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10
- Latest release for Moodle 3.0
- Latest release for Moodle 3.1
- Latest release for Moodle 3.2
- Latest release for Moodle 3.3
- Latest release for Moodle 3.4
- Latest release for Moodle 3.5
- Latest release for Moodle 3.6
- Latest release for Moodle 3.7
- The more recent release 4.0.1 (2021031400) exists for Moodle 3.8
- The more recent release 4.0.1 (2021031400) exists for Moodle 3.9
- The more recent release 4.0.1 (2021031400) exists for Moodle 3.10
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question types
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myquestiontype") in the "question/type" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation