Supports Moodle 3.3 up to 3.5.3 (at least).
Plug-in for Moodle, the well-known Learning Management System. Provides a visual and central place for a teacher to access everything he can use in his course (activities, reports, blocks, …) Frequently used items can be marked as favorites for quick access. Unless the teacher wants to delete or move an activity or block, he no longer needs to switch to editing mode. Students can also use the Catalogue to access the tools they're allowed to.
No need, for users, to learn a first method to add an activity, then a different one to add a block, then a third one to use enrolment methods, and so on, searching the four corners of the UI... With Catalogue, it's the same method for all of these tools and they all can be found at the same place.
A manager interface is included. There, managers can : - Edit the descriptions. - Edit the documentation links. - Hide or show items to the teachers. We don't recommend you hide too many tools. Better let the teachers choose which ones are their favorites. But if you want to hide a tool and test it before showing it to the teachers, that's possible.
9 lists of tools are available. The site administrator can choose which ones of these lists will be displayed in the block, and in which order.
- Activities : divided in 3 categories (Exercises, Collaboration, Other)
- Blocks : 3 categories (Monitor learners, Communicate with learners, Other)
- Custom labels : Requires the plug-in "mod_customlabels", by Valery Fremaux. 3 categories (Pedagogical elements, Structural elements, Other elements)
- Enrolments : 2 categories (Users and groups, Enrolment methods)
- Grades : 3 categories (Grade settings, Grade reports, "Outcomes, competencies, badges")
- Modules : Activities and Resources together. 4 categories (Resources, Exercises, Collaboration, Other). Of course, you're not supposed to use "Modules" and "Activities" at the same time on the same site.
- Reports : 1 category
- Resources : 1 category
The 9th list is now deprecated and will be replaced in a future version. Therefore, its icon hasn't been updated in version 2.0. Please avoid using this list : - Sections : 1 category (Manage sections without switching to editing mode)
Authors : - Brice Errandonea (development, general idea, project lead) - Caroline Pers (external communication, user experience refinments, feature requests, beta-test) - Salma El-mrabah (development, version 1.0) - Nirina Andriamanantenasoa (element icons and descriptions, versions 1.x) - Baptiste Bail (list icons, version 2.0) - Noa Randriamalaka (SEFIAP director)
SEFIAP Université de Cergy-Pontoise 33, boulevard du Port 95011 Cergy-Pontoise cedex FRANCE https://sefiap.u-cergy.fr/
What's new in version 2.1 ? - Support for Moodle 3.4 and 3.5 - Button link to Course administration at the bottom of the block. - Removed mod browsing arrows (since they are now provided by Moodle itself)
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.