Generating Reports

Generating Reports

by Matt Vogel -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to get reports from moodle.  Not just activity logs, but i need detailed reporting of students quiz answers and scores and courses completed and things like that, and just wondered if this is doable or if i would need to hire a programmer to do this or if the functionality is already implemented.

Can someone please let me know what they think about this...

Thanks very much

Matt 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Vogel

Re: Generating Reports

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

I thought I would add to this post cause the topic is a good one.  You can dowload quiz scores for students from the grades link, of course--which is great, and you can look at the activity logs to see what activities have been viewed--but wouldn't it be nice to also be able to download this information--what a student has actually done in the course--into a usable format? 

I know there is talk (and work) going on about providing a certificate when a course has been completed.  And this would be contingent upon a student fulfilling the course requirements.  So, my question is, can the same data that will be used to elicit a certificate for a course be available to be downloaded into text or Excel format?  E.g., resources accessed, quizzes, # of discussion posts made, maybe even time spent logged in, etc.

This would be the same data that would answer the question--Has the student fulfilled the requirements necessary to complete the course? (I'm thinking more in terms of courses that do not necessarily have a pass/fail type of final grade given by the teacher--for example, a self-paced type of course.)

I am rambling here, so to sum up--Can the activity logs be combined with the grade reports, into one nice Excel file that shows everything the student has done?  And, could this data be used for (or come from)  the new certificate module?