by Jeffery Watkins -
Number of replies: 9
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node

Sweet browser
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

Re: Firefox 3.0

by Daryl Hunt -
Yes Version 3 is much faster to load pages then either IE7 or Firefox 2.x very happy with it so far. smile

In reply to Daryl Hunt

by Russell Waldron -
Blackboard is NOT (yet) officially compatible with FF30, and their website gives no sign of interest in FF3 users. I do get the incompatible browser warning when I first sign in to my Uni's Blackboard. I have seen a more specific warning that Assignment Submission 'may not work' from FF3. I haven't tested much else, although I can confirm that end user (student) functions in course resources, calendars and discussions still work.

The Blackboard browser/OS compatibility matrix makes me feel I should have Vista and IE. Ick.

Of course, no such issues arose with Moodle.

Cheers,

Russell
In reply to Russell Waldron

by Frances Bell -

I can assure you that Blackboard is not practically compatible with Firefox since it regularly falls over when you try to do anything interesting like upload things.

I have had this experience with Blackboard Blackboard (as an instructor) and WebCT Blackboard (as a student) ;-(

In reply to Frances Bell

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

anything interesting like upload things..

Hmm..kind of limiting, that, isn't it? smile

In reply to Frances Bell

by Daryl Hunt -
It's really bad when players like Blackboard fail tor make their site compatible with FF. So much for equality of access. I like FF because having a visual disability I can use extensions which help me view sites better.

Cheers
Daryl
In reply to Daryl Hunt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Daryl - Thanks for your feedback which helps to remind me that besides the philosophical issues of being able to choose which browser one uses that such freedom also has practical import for persons such as yourself. I hope that you continue to share with the Moodle community what we can do to keep Moodle accessible. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Daryl Hunt

by N Hansen -
I have this customized component in my Moodle site which for unknown reasons hasn't be functioning for months and I was having to have my students do this convoluted workaround. Suddenly today I discovered 3.0 allows you to drag and drop stuff into the Moodle html editor from elsewhere and that made it possible for me to not even have to fix the problem I had been having so I was really happy with it. Now, on the other hand, I've got another Firefox add-on I require my students to use that I am in the process of updating to work in 3.0...
In reply to N Hansen

by Glenys Hanson -
Hello there,

Pity the "drag and drop" feature doesn't work in Firefox 3 on Mac OS X.

Or is there some way to make it work there that I don't know of?

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Glenys Hanson -
Hello again,

Sorry! It does work in Mac - I was just not careful enough to click in the editor first.

Cheers,
Glenys