Prompt for enrolment key

Prompt for enrolment key

par Elizabeth-Kate Gulland,
Nombre de réponses : 4
Hi everyone,

Is there anyway to change the default prompt when a user tries to enrol for the first time? At the moment, they see a message like:

"This course requires an 'enrolment key' - as a guest you must enter it each time you enter the course. You should have received it from X."

The problem is that we have only one Course Creator, and their name is appearing (X) for all courses. We need a general notice like "contact the course coordinator for a key" without specifying names.

Cheers,
E-K Gulland
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Elizabeth-Kate Gulland

Re: Prompt for enrolment key

par Mark Berthelemy,
Hi E-K,

Your simplest solution would be to change the wording in the language pack.

Go to the admin menu on the home page.
Click on Language, then on Language editing.
Click on the link that appears that says "Edit words or phrases".
In the drop-down that comes up, choose the moodle.php file to edit.
Scroll down the page (about a third of the way) until you find the sentence that starts "This course requires an 'enrolment key'..."
In the box on the right, change the wording to what you require. Take out the $a as that is what's generating the name X

Does that help?

Mark
En réponse à Mark Berthelemy

par Jet Hall,
Hi I followed the advice suggested by Mark in the above reply and it worked to change the text, however the page is now listing some odd usernames immediately following the text. Unfortunately it is listing students names (2 so far) not even the teacher or course creator. This is very confusing. Is there a way to remove this error? We need to register 300 students and I don't want them seeing each other's names whenever they are prompted for the enrolment key. Thanks!!

It appears like this:

This course requires an 'enrollment key' - a one-time
password that you should have received from your instructor.
Student 1. (with hyperlink to profile)
Student 2. (with hyperlink to profile)

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
- Bri
En réponse à Mark Berthelemy

par Kathi Dempsey,
Mark,

I was browsing for help with this also and tried editing the file but it creates and "empty string" message after saving it.

I first tried to edit the phrase to say the enrollment key was from the course moderator. Got the error
Then I simply deleted the $a. And still get the empty string error.

Is there something else I should be doing??

Thank you,
Kathi