I can't find a way to download essay answers in Lessons

Re: saving essays for redistribution outside Moodle

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Brenda,
I see your other post and hope that someone has a work around for you. Usually when there is no reply to a post, nobody knows how to do it or the answer is "It can not be done" . We don't use essay questions but I certainly appreciate what you are teaching and the implications. This post is slightly off topic for this forum, but that is not new for me smile

Let me spin the old saying, in your situtation, if you can't save the answer in a public place, don't ask the question or you will be liable. Have you considered other modules besides lesson or quiz activities?

Again, I don't work with this kind of thing. Assignment and the contributed Questionnaire modules come to mind. 6 months ago I was checking out Assignment for a report writing class. It is important to save versions, and to be able to share those versions with a student's supervisor to demonstrate progress and areas of weakness. These can become part of a student/employee's HR file. Doing this en mass is not something I know how to do.

The same is true for Questionnaire Module. Our questionnaires are anonymous and concern the blended course the student just finished. We use a check off box approach and put in some short essay type areas for comments about the materials and another for instructors. We print up the questionnaire for class cycle and all the individual essay's appear at the bottom. I think it is possible to print up an individual questionnaire, thus create a pdf file. I notice there is a csv option with this module.

Come to think of it, we use survey in our open enrollment Moodle site. But we only use assignment and questionnaire when we have specific students enrolled in "school" in something like a semester. This takes place on a different Moodle in a much tighter environment of blended learning.

Again, I appreciate that if you hear something, you maybe required to report it to others. I would be looking at using one or more questionnaires in my HR course. "Now that we have learned a little about how things should work in the previous lesson, please share with us how it actually works." Or something more subtle. I will let you check out the csv file, if you are lucky it will be a flat file database where each record is an individual questionnaire.

And you might want to see if a group function might help you. Put Sales in one group, Accounts Payable in another, see if you can print a report by group.

Sorry I could not be more help. Chris