Installation Problems

Installation Problems

by Clinton Randolph -
Number of replies: 4

I am apparently continuing to have installation problems in version 1.9.  I have installed and deleted it three times. I have downloaded the certificate moduloe for 1.9, unzipped it and uploaded the file to the mod's folder using filezilla.  The components are there, but when I go to notifications, there is nothing it is asking me to do.  I go to modules>activities and it is not there, except in the manage activities area and does not appear to be active.  I am at a loss?????  Can anyone help me?

Clint R

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clinton Randolph

Re: Installation Problems

by W Stewart -

Hello Clint;

It may be,if your new or just plain tired we overlook the obvious.

If it is the  4.3 FAT file, remove the "certificate" file from within the "certificate 4.3 FAT". (The file within the file). It will not read a double file.

The file in the mod file must read "certificate" only. Then load this single walled file into the mod file.

Another time I had a problem with a module like you did. I placed the zipped file in the mod folder and extracted on site, It seemed to get it to register when before I had tried and tried.

If your server has this feature, try it, it worked for me after an hour of frustration.

Hope this helps

Regards Wes Stewart

In reply to W Stewart

by Clinton Randolph -

Thanks, I finally got it installed and working and the certificate report installed and it seems to be working properly except for one function.  I have the function applied to email teachers and this does not seem to be working.  Ihave to enter an email address in email others in order to get an email about the certificate.  Also, how do I out a link to the report on my front page?

Clint

In reply to Clinton Randolph

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
You should find a blocks folder called mycertificates in the certificate report zip. It has a link to the certificate report. Add it to your moodle/blocks folder, click notifications to install, add the block to your site.

Do you have teachers with the teacher role set in your course?

Actually, the email teachers code needs to be updated to use get_users_by_capability. If anyone wants to add that to the tracker for me as a reminder, that would be great.