Nwiki Hangs on install

Nwiki Hangs on install

by Doug Kriedeman -
Number of replies: 5
I just tried to install: NWiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008040101.zip
on my system of 1.9 + (Build: 20080416)

I am extremely excited to use the Nwiki mod. but I have not been able to get the install to get past the following screen.

No warnings - Scroll to the continue button

wiki module needs upgrading

(mysql): SHOW TABLES

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki_pages MODIFY COLUMN author VARCHAR(100) NULL DEFAULT 'dfwiki'
Success

(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_modules WHERE name = 'wiki' LIMIT 1

(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_wiki

(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_course_modules WHERE module = '16' AND instance = '1' LIMIT 1

(mysql): SHOW COLUMNS FROM `mdl_wiki`

(mysql): UPDATE mdl_wiki SET course = '10',name = 'Create a complete Wiki for Atomic and Molecular Structure as an alternative assessment',intro = '<span style="font-weight: bold;">The link to the California chemistry standards is here:<br /><a href="http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/scchemistry.asp">http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/scchemistry.asp</a><br /></span> <ul> </ul> ',introformat = '0',pagename = 'Create a complete Wiki notes for one of the Sections as defined in the grade book.',wtype = 'student',ewikiprinttitle = '1',htmlmode = '2',ewikiacceptbinary = '0',disablecamelcase = '0',setpageflags = '0',strippages = '0',removepages = '0',revertchanges = '0',initialcontent = '',timemodified = '1210827066',editable = '1',attach = '0',upload = '0',restore = '0',editor = 'htmleditor',groupmode = '0',studentmode = '1',teacherdiscussion = '0',studentdiscussion = '0',editanothergroup = '0',editanotherstudent = '0' WHERE id = 1

(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_wiki_entries WHERE wikiid = '1'

(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_wiki_pages WHERE wiki = '1'

(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_wiki_pages WHERE wiki = '9'

(mysql): SELECT cm.*, m.name, md.name as modname FROM mdl_course_modules cm, mdl_modules md, mdl_wiki m WHERE cm.instance = m.id AND md.name = 'wiki' AND md.id = cm.module AND m.id = 1 LIMIT 1

I can stand to lose any wikis I have made before so does anyone have any options to help me finish the install?

Thank you.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Kriedeman

Re: Nwiki Hangs on install

by Doug Kriedeman -
Currently I cannot use the admin section a all because it hangs during the install.

When I navigate courses and try to add a Wiki the error I get is: "Unable to insert lock record"

by Doug Kriedeman -
Sorry here is the debug error After it hangs

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function groups_get_groups_for_user() in /var/www/moodle/mod/wiki/wikimigrate/ewiki_migrate.php on line 453"

any help would be awesome!

I am training 35 teachers on moodle next tuesday (May 20th) and I wanted to make a intro to Moodle wiki. sad

by Doug Kriedeman -
So I commented out the offending line and was able to comlete the install. But now Certain wikis are giving the error

"This SQL relies on obsolete tables! Your code must be fixed by a developer."

How can I have a do over and start to install nwiki from scratch? How can I drop all the obsolete tables and then have the nwiki install everything correctly.

Thanks.

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Doug,

I'm so sorry but it look's like Moodle groups library has changed another time angry. Some functions used to manage groups have disappeared....

I'm going to find a new function or write a new one to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks for the report.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Caroline Moore -
I had a similar problem installing NWiki in Moodle 1.9. When I hit the Admin page, I get a couple of installation messages, the sentence "Wiki module needs to be upgraded", and no Continue button.

If I reload the Admin page, I get a blank screen.

Hopefully Ludo can help us with this. I've been using nWiki for the last two years. I'd really like to be able to upgrade to Moodle 1.9, but I can't afford to lose the last two years of wiki content.

I removed the NWiki code from mod and blocks, and I now get this error message:

Version mismatch: wiki can't downgrade 2008040101 -> 2008031201 !

I plan to drop all of the wiki tables from my db, restore them from a 1.8 backup, substitute in the NWiki code instead of the regular wiki, and see if it will upgrade that module correctly.

Any help would be appreciated!