Number of replies: 4

1. what r steps to create block.

2.how to view block in moodle.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to prashant galagali

Re: steps to add create and view block

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are you trying to add a block to your page? If so, turn on editing and in the bottom right side of the page there should be a drop down to add a block which will then give you a drop down list of the available blocks. If you are looking for how to create a new block (as in write code for one) you may want to check out: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Blocks

Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Not adding but SUBTRACTING

by Sarah Pradt -
Does anyone (Anthony?) know how to remove the Page Module block? I am the site admin but cannot access the code. (Our host (Moodlerooms.org) does not allow access for our sort of account.)
I've got a Page Module block I added inadvertently and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
--Sarah
In reply to Sarah Pradt

Re: Not adding but SUBTRACTING

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sarah - Since you cannot get rid of the module code by deleting it from the server, you can delete it and hide it by going to Administration->Modules->Blocks->Manage Blocks and delete (which will remove all instances that may have been created) and then hide the block which will prevent others from being able to use it. So the code will still remain on the MoodleRooms server but no one will be able to use it. I think that should do what you need. If not let me know and we can continue brainstorming. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Sarah Pradt

Re: Not adding but SUBTRACTING

by David Wong -
Sarah,

I'm using Moodle 1.9.1+ and this is a common problem with Moodlerooms Page Module block. You have to use Safari to see the delete X icon in order to delete it. Hopefully, Moodlerooms will fix it.