How does one decorate text in moodle?

How does one decorate text in moodle?

by jay wills -
Number of replies: 10
Hi All,

I'm new to this but I'm wondering how does one input animation to text or decorate text?

Gooday
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jay wills

Re: How does one decorate text in moodle?

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Jay!

As far as I know the main things you can do with text in the html editor is change the color or the background.

If you want something animated, you would probably need to use an animated .gif and insert an image, or maybe use some kind of flash file.

You might get more useful suggestions if you describe what you are trying to accomplish in more detail.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by jay wills -
Hi,

I wanted to have for example blinking text, that is having the text blink or disappear and reappear.

Goodday.
In reply to jay wills

by A. T. Wyatt -
I think an animated gif would be safest. It is a bit problematic to run javascript in a label. You might be able to do it, but I don't think you could count on it working for *all* your users.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Ulrike Montgomery -
Hi Jay,

This is what I do: There are plenty of text creating sites like THIS ONE

Just create your text and these sites will generate the HTML-Code which you then can insert into the Moodle editor (label, for example) .

Cheers,

Ulrike
Attachment Glitter.gif
In reply to Ulrike Montgomery

by Kevin Spencer -
I know it sounds like simple instructions and the glitter text would look great on some of my school pages but I've just tried this and it simply put the HTML code in the label and displayed all of this on the course page...... I must be missing something really simple here! advise appreciated.
In reply to Kevin Spencer

by A. T. Wyatt -
Did you go to the code and paste it in, or did you paste it straight into the label? You need to click on the <> button on the toolbar first.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Rachel Macek -
I swear I looked over that page for at least 10 minutes looking for the HTML, missing those little <>. THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!
Rachel
In reply to Rachel Macek

by A. T. Wyatt -
I did too, at first. Only for me, it was probably more like 2 hours. . . smile

atw
In reply to Rachel Macek

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
The same thing happened to me. Except, I didn't know what that Toggle HTML source icon was all about. So I spent a little time placing some pictures of some of the more exotic ones and what happens after they are clicked. Here in MoodleDocs on the HTML editor page.

Think I will take a screenshot of this after toggling the icon and put it in MoodleDocs here. Just because I know a picture is worth a 1000 words. Documentation helper group image

Thanks Rachel for the post

In reply to jay wills

by Timothy Takemoto -

If all of your users are using nextscape you could use the dreaded <blink>blinking test</blink> tag by first pressing the <> button in your html editor and then adding the tag in manually. If you are happy just for the text to be annoying then you can use the marquee tag which works in both more recent versions of netscape and internet explorer. Again press the "<>" button and put the <marquee>This text will scroll accross the screen</marquee> tags, as I have done on the next line but oops, moodle.org (but not my own moodle so perhaps not yours) removes marquee tags.

sorry!

You would have to hack your moodle to allow it to accept javascript in labels which would be a security risk, or inject javascript directly into the database.