Using MHT files in moodle

Using MHT files in moodle

by Alejandro Lopez -
Number of replies: 3

In order to display powerpoint presentations, I tried to use a Microsoft Web Archive file (.mht), wich worked great in my PC, but in older PC{s, using Windows 98 this file couldn´t be viewed...

Have any of you found this problem? Is there any solution besides making a calssic HTML with a folder?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alejandro Lopez

Re: Using MHT files in moodle

by Bryan Williams -

Alejandro,

Using the .mht save feature in PowerPoint to make a web presentation is probably the worst solution available. Only Windows users will be able to view it, and only those Windows users with certain features (connected with Microsoft Office) on their computer will be able to load it. See http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9374 for a slightly better approach. 

by Ger Tielemans -

A lot of work, I promiss you, but if you choose to paste your powerpoint pages - one by one - on bookpages of the new BOOK-modul:

• You have more control on the way it shows up on the usersite
  • You give the user control over the presentation with the TOC
  • You offer the user a very easy way to print it or store it locally with the hyperlinked TOC
  • You loose all these stupid effects you use in your  first powerpoints (a blessing smile)
  • I hope that someday it will be available for students as editor, and it will be the killer-app for easy portfolio... with eWiki as the big brother.

by Richard Treves -

Hi Alejandro,

I differ from Ger in that I think some transistions are useful (but mostly they are fluff so I don't differ that much in my view)

If you are prepared to invest $499 I can recommend PowerCONVERTER , better at converting ppt to flash that Open Office and it can handle most transistions.  I can't speak for powerCONVERTER lite, ($149) - anyone care to share their experiences of it?

Richard