Certificate if grade achieved.

Certificate if grade achieved.

by Trent Morrison -
Number of replies: 10

Howdy all,

Still pluggin away at the Moodle. Got hosted and having fun. One problem is making me go a liitle crazy.

I have the certificate set to display if the student achieves 75% or more on their lesson.  Funny thing is this is the message they get.

Your current course grade (100.00 %%) is below the grade required (75%) to receive your certificate.
Well, that just doesn't make sense.  The two sets of %% makes me abit suspicious.  Am I making a newbie error?
Please advise xx-p
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trent Morrison

Re: Certificate if grade achieved.

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Trent,

Would you please supply your Moodle version and Certificate version.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Trent Morrison -

Hello, I am using Moodle version 1.9,

I got the certificate from Moodle.Modules and plug ins

Type: Activity Module
Requires: Moodle 1.6 or later
Maintainer: Chardelle Busch
I am using the 1.9 version of this certificate.

by Trent Morrison -
I think I found the problem. I had both the course and lesson set for a 75% score or higher to pass.  Since my course is one big lesson, I set the course grade to Zero and the lesson grade to 75% or higher.  It works great now.  Thank you Moodlers and special thanks to Chardelle Busch for all the hard work and great support.

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Thanks for letting us know how you figured it out Trent. And thanks for the appreciation smile

by Jarret Winkelman -
I get the same error. I have a topics based course with multiple lessons and a certificate dependent on course grade and quiz grade.

I am also having problems with the forum's sending emails to subscribers.

Please advise on trouble shooting options.

Thanks!

by Jarret Winkelman -
Chardelle... this problem is still an issue (100%% is below required course grade). It is not a problem is no course grade minimum is set. If a minimum course grade is set then if the student receives 100% is creates this error (note the extra %.. perhaps this is the cause?). If they receive any other grade it works correctly. Please advise as this is a major problem on my end. All versions are up to date as of this week. Thanks!
In reply to Jarret Winkelman

by Jonathan Schmidt -
I had this same problem and ended up having to modify the certificate's lib.php. See other forum post.

Hope that does it for you!
In reply to Jonathan Schmidt

by A F -

Hello.

We figured it out. There's a place in the certificate settings that requires you to check yes or no to 'Save' and 'Report' (or something similar).

'Yes' must be checked in both.

by Bobby Villines -
This probably just something on my end . . . but for the life of me, I can't find where to adjust the course score. I can only find where to modify the lesson score.

I've got one main course with seven smaller lessons. I'd like a single certificate for the course to be issued once a quiz associated with each lesson is completed.

I think my issue is similar to yours where the score for the lesson isn't counting towards the score for the course.

Or something. smile
In reply to Bobby Villines

by Osny Santos -
See:
My moodle notice:
Your current course grade (-%) is below the grade required (90%) to receive your certificate.

dont understand the '-%'. What this?