The nWiki that will not die

The nWiki that will not die

by Steve Wright -
Number of replies: 6
have an nWiki on 1.9 that will not die - no matter how often we try to delete it it's comes back...

Reminds me of one of those joke birthday candles you can't blow out. Anyone else had similar issues?

Clicking the X to delete it leads to a confirmation pop-up box saying 'Delete Resource 71?', click OK and it goes... until I reload the page!!!

Have resorted to trying to hide it and pretend it's not there - anyone else got any tips on how to remove/delete/kill/expunge from system?

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Wright

Re: The nWiki that will not die

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers
Steve,

I assume that you are talking about removing a single Nwiki activity from a course, rather than expunging the entire Nwiki module from your moodle system?

Not sure why you should be having this problem, but it seems curious that when you click on the 'x' mark to the right of your wiki activity, you get a message that says, "delete resource?". After all, Nwiki is an activity module not a resource. I would only expect such a confirmation message when trying to delete a resource - a web page for example.

In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
I'm flipping here...
I've tested to delete a nwiki activity in my moodle 1.9 server and last release and I get a message like "

Are you absolutely sure you want to completely delete Wiki 'grades test' ?

I click yes and it goes away... simple as that. Maybe your course internal data structure is fried ... I'd check out the course tables and look for the ID of the course and of the nwiki activity... There is really something weird going on here but I've got the hunch that this time it was not nwiki. Of course is easier to blame nwiki... as usual.
L.
ps. a compromise solution would be to hide the thing.

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Steve Wright -
Have hidden it - as I have said in another post our hosting company is no longer willing to do any further work on nWiki-related issues and the version of nWiki we have is probably incompatible with the upgrade from beta to full 1.9 or something. Hiding is olnly solution...
In reply to Steve Wright

by Saul Traiger -
I've had exactly the same problem, and I've also dealt with it by hiding the wikis I can't delete. But I've also had the same problem with other activities.
In reply to Steve Wright

by Matt Gibson -
I have found the same thing too. To sort it out, turn off javascript and delete it without the ajax. You still get an error, but it does go away.
In reply to Steve Wright

by Caroline Moore -
I experienced the same behavior with nWiki activities in 1.9.2, and turning off AJAX and Javascript and then deleting the nWiki instances resolved the problem.

Someone has started a Tracker item for this issue. If you've experienced it, please vote!

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-16324