embedded mp3 player does not work

embedded mp3 player does not work

by Mason McClew -
Number of replies: 7
I just installed moodle 1.8 and have been putting together lessons and resources. I ran into problems with adding an mp3, where it does not use the plugin, and pops up the download box instead. I have the mp3 filter enabled, and the file plays correctly when downloaded. I was under the impression that moodle would recognize the mp3 and use the little flash player automatically. Any help would be appreciated.
-Mason
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mason McClew

Re: embedded mp3 player does not work

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
 I was just wondering- how do you present your mp3 file? (I link to some blank space in a label and the player comes up for me.)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mason McClew -

I tried to add a resource, link to a file, and chose the mp3 I uploaded. It downloads to my computer and goes to my windows mediaplayer. I tried to create a label, and then put the mp3 link in there, and it does the same thing. It is like the plugin did not get loaded, but I thought it was included with the initial moodle install. Has anyone else had this problem?

-Mason

In reply to Mason McClew

by Steve Hyndman -

You've got to make sure the filter is enabled. Go to Site Administration/Modules/Filters/Manage filters and make sure the eye is open by "Multimedia Plugins". Then click on "Settings" and make sure there is a check by the mp3 filter.

Then use a label to link to an mp3 (or link from within a webpage resource) and it should work.

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Like I said smile smile

OK - assuming you have multimedia plugins enabled and you have linked to it in a label (type some blank spaces then select them and add the link ) ...then  have you tried using other multimedia such as videos(wmv)? Do they work? Just to see if your problem is specific to mp3 or not.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mason McClew -
I have tried using the label option and the link to file option with wmv's also. They don't even download, it just takes you to a blank page. It says the file name at the end of the address, but nothing happens on the page. I'm not sure what to try next. Any more help would be appreciated! -Mason
In reply to Mason McClew

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
first, make sure you follow Steve Hyndman instructions:

"You've got to make sure the filter is enabled. Go to Site Administration/Modules/Filters/Manage filters and make sure the eye is open by "Multimedia Plugins". Then click on "Settings" and make sure there is a check by the mp3 filter."

then, a link to a video tutorial of adding mp3 file as a label to a course syllabus
http://www.vimeo.com/919134
(the interface is in hebrew, but i guess it could help, anyways smile

In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by koride raj -

is this problem solved..my moodle version is 1.9..i tried wmv file ..i followed above mentioned steps for creating hyperlink to wmv file..plugin is enabled..windows media player gets opened when i click on the link..i was expecing moodle to stream it in my browser..