Calculating total grades on points possible to date ?

Calculating total grades on points possible to date ?

di Bryce Bernard -
Numero di risposte: 2

My faculty would like to be able to display a percentage/letter grade during a term based on points earned on graded items only rather than total points possible in the course.  (using the sum of grades option).

Example:  If the course has 3, 10 point assignments (30 pts total) and a student has completed the first assignment and earned 10 out of 10, the total grade/percentage/letter will report 33%/F.  My faculty would like to display for the student 100%/A on graded assignments (non-empty assignments).

When using the Sum of Grades option the "Aggregate Non-Empty Grades" option is greyed out ?.

Is there anyway to make this happen ?

Thanks for the help.

Bryce

In riposta a Bryce Bernard

Re: Calculating total grades on points possible to date ?

di Mary Beth McKee -
Bryce, my faculty would be interested in this feature as well. Did anyone ever reply to you offline? We are using Moodle 1.8.3.
In riposta a Mary Beth McKee

Re: Calculating total grades on points possible to date ?

di Bryce Bernard -

No, Unfortunately I haven't recieved any help with this issue.  I thought it was supposed to be an option in 1.9 but I'm not finding it.  I can raise the usage of Moodle on my campus significantly if we can find an easy solution that matches what the stand alone gradebook programs do.