download in excel format

download in excel format

by Cynthia Steck -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Everyone,

I have Moodle 1.7.1 running and setup a course containing about 20 lessons.  Users have already started taking the course and there was some concerns on how it was scored.  I was asked to change the scoring method from "use mean" to "use maximum" based on the grades that were generated.  (They want everyone to make a 100).  Anyway,  I was training someone on how to download the grades to excel.  During training on her PC, it worked fine.  I went and changed it to "use maximum" the next day and now we're getting errors trying to download into excel.  I'm not sure if the lesson settings changes is related to the error, but just wanted to make sure it was not left out.  I can download the grades as text format and change it to .xls and that works.  Unfortunately my user needs this as simple as possible.

Here's the error message when I click download to excel format & click open :

Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file 'SF101_Grades[1].xls'
The following is a list of repairs:

Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

Why did it work one day and not the next?  Also this download needs to work in Office 2000.

Do I need to make a code change for this?  Or is this an issue on the PC it's being downloaded?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Cynthia