Grading Wiki Entries

Grading Wiki Entries

by Joshua De la Vega -
Number of replies: 6
Hi, I am trying to find a solution for being able to grade Wiki entries and tie them to Gradebook. From an educational point of view, we are trying to motivate students to create a Wiki (because of the Wiki nature of allowing to build content over time) but also have the capability of grading what each student enters in the Wiki. The grade should be reflected in gradebook and be able to be aggregated as part of the overall grade.

Is this possible? I have searched a few hours and have not found any information or plugin about this. I'm currently working with the standard Moodle eWiki installation but am open on upgrading to nWiki if that's the case. Would Moodle 2.0 have this functionality? Is it even worth considering building a plugin?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on finding a solution for this.

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua De la Vega

Re: Grading Wiki Entries

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Joshua,
last week I was with MD in Heidelberg for the http://Moodlemoot.de and we spoke about the grades in wiki for moodle 2.0 / nwiki ... Here's the deal.
We (dfwikiteam) have designed and developed ( in this case thinking is the tougth part ) a way to grade wikis and integrate it with the gradebook and the moodle philosopy.
We are testing this feature and I don't want to release it until is stable and is well documented for you guys to try it.
I hope to be able to release it ina few weeks.
Best
L.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Joshua De la Vega -

Hi Ludo,

Thanks, I am really looking forward to test this functionality.  I guess it wouldn't make sense to develop a custom plugin for this if you have already progressed this far.  Please keep us posted when this feature will be available.

Thanks.

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Nathan Ducker -
Hi Ludo,

In response to this, has it been released now? How can we get our hands on it?

Thanks
In reply to Nathan Ducker

by lauren shawl -
Would love to know if there are any updates on this. Would like for wikis (and OU wikis) to be integrated with the gradebook.
In reply to lauren shawl

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
The last version of nwiki for moodle 1.9 is integrated with gradebook,
the grading engine implemented there is being refactored in wiki 2.0
sorry we have no documentation yet.