Timezone issue

Timezone issue

by Don Brubaker -
Number of replies: 3
We are using the attendance and autoattendance modules/blocks and they are working great on our Moodle 1.8.4 server. Our server is on pacific time and the Moodle timezone settings are America/Los Angeles. But the attendance closes and opens days on Eastern Standard Time not Pacific Time... this means that the attendance feature closes a day's attendance and begins a new day at 9:00 PM. How do I change the timezone that attendance or autoattendance is pulling from? Any thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Brubaker

Re: Timezone issue

by Don Brubaker -
Well, maybe we're the only ones with this issue. Let me be more specific. When using auto-attendance with sessions set to fully automatic, and the sessions set to 00:05 to 23:55 each day of the week for the 3 weeks the course is in session, one day closes and the next day opens 3 hours before they should. Does anyone have any insight into this?
In reply to Don Brubaker

by James Moon-Dupree -

I haven't had the exact issue as you state, but I am having a time zone issue with WiZiQ.  The time zone for this module remains at UTC + 13 even though I am set up for New York time.  Can anyone help?

I just noticed that before my edit, the posting time was 9:47 am on June 12th.  When I actually posted at 9:47 pm on June 11.

In reply to James Moon-Dupree

by Don Brubaker -
James,

We had a Moodle developer look at the code for the auto-attendance block and were told that it was using non-standard ways of pulling time from the system. I guess in Moodle there are standardized ways for the time to be accessed by modules, so we are having the auto-attendance module recoded.