Applying Moodle to speech, physical, and occupational therapy?

Applying Moodle to speech, physical, and occupational therapy?

by Robert Lefebvre -
Number of replies: 2
Hello everyone,

I will be presenting Moodle next week to group who works in those three areas. I have an idea that they'll find many of Moodles features useful in their work, but I was wondering what new features might have application to any of those therapies since there have been so many recent additions to Moodle. For example, I would think the speech therapists would need easy to use integration of audio and visual. I know work is being done, but how and what is currently ready and what can be shortly expected with regards to audio -video?

I'm not sure what application Moodle would have in physical and occupational therapy. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure they can use Moodle for all the written material, but I'm looking for those not so obvious things. For instance, I would venture that support groups could provide a great benefit to anyone in any of those therapies. Forming support groups through the use of simple courses and the forums might work.
Does anyone have others?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Lefebvre

Re: Applying Moodle to speech, physical, and occupational therapy?

by Juan Jose de la Mora -

I have been trying to help some schools in Mexico City for speech and physical thereapies to develop a strategy to use IT in their programs. Unfortunately they do not have a big budget, so I would be very interested in knowing what kind of programs you will be presenting. Probably, we could open a door here and help them develop something locally with a low budget program?

Regards,

JJM

In reply to Juan Jose de la Mora

Re: Applying Moodle to speech, physical, and occupational therapy?

by Robert Lefebvre -
Hola Juan,

I'd be glad too! It's amazing to see how one small idea can grow so quickly and lead to other and better ideas. When I approached this group providing the therapy I wasn't thinking Moodle would have any place there. But now I am thinking that this group may become a flash point for Moodle to be adopted into the whole field? If its use proves successful I'm sure there will be some interesting press releases about Moodle's use in these areas.

And just to make sure you know, I am not in that field myself. I'm just presenting Moodle as a potential answer to a problem.