no php.ini & fix upload size

no php.ini & fix upload size

by John Coutts -
Number of replies: 4
I want to increase the upload filesize, but there is no php.ini file. I've also noticed that there is no .htaccess.

I'm running ubuntu 6.06 with apache 2.2.

How can I increase the upload size with no php.ini file?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Coutts

Re: no php.ini & fix upload size

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There is a php.ini file. You may want to check to see if the file is at: /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini Peace - Anthony
In reply to John Coutts

by Saravanan N -

Hi,

Php.ini file is at - etc\Apache2\bin

To increase the upload file size, update the upload file size in upload_max_filesize

Thanks,

Saravanan.N

In reply to Saravanan N

by John Coutts -
Thanks guys.

I found it and upped it to 100M. However, it seems that the site will only allow 8M. I also found the limitrequestbody and also set it to 100M (~100000000), but no luck. It still says that the max upload is 8M.

Any ideas?
In reply to John Coutts

by Richard Enison -
MF,

What version of PHP are you using? If it is 5.1.x or higher (pls do not use 5.0.x; it is very buggy and incompatible with Moodle), you could have more than one php.ini file but only one that is active. To find it, use the phpinfo script; it should be near the top of the page as Configuration File (php.ini) Path. It will also give you the PHP version, if you don't already know it, at the top of the page.

If you are using PHP4, you need a php.ini file in every directory that has .php files; so you will need to update one of them, and copy the file to all the other Moodle directories.

RLE