Student/Teacher side vista issues

Student/Teacher side vista issues

Tiffany Morgan -
Erantzun kopurua: 4
Hello
Has anyone noticed any issues with students/teachers using Moodle when using Vista as their OS? note: I'm not talking about the server side--just the user side.
Thanks!
Puntuazioen batez bestekoa:Useful (1)
Tiffany Morgan(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Student/Teacher side vista issues

Martin Dougiamas -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Moodle HQ-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia
I use Vista on my main desktop at work (and OS X at home). I've never heard of a Moodle issue directly attributable to the user-side OS. There are browser issues occasionally but very few nowadays.

Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia Translators-ren irudia
Hi Tiffany,
It would be interesting to know why you ask this question. Have you experienced problems yourself? Are you contemplating migrating your moodle site to Windows Vista and would like to know in advance of potential problems? Any other reason for your question?
Joseph
Joseph Rézeau(e)ri erantzunda

Tiffany Morgan -
We are considering a mirgration to moodle at at the same time we are looking to purchase computers for instructors. Makes for lots of questions irribarrea

Steve Hyndman -

Tiffany,

There are some compatibility problems with Vista, IE, and Blackboard, but I haven't yet noticed these same problems in Moodle. Using Firefox with Vista seems to solve the problem with Blackboard.

http://www.georgetowncollege.edu/Departments/education/videos/installing_firefox.htm

Steve