RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise No Key Match ERROR 3:3 NoKeyMatch

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I have two Moodles running, one on a physical server (Moodle A) and the other on a virtual server (Moodle B) and everything is installed & enabled included certificates for both servers. When I go to my Moodle B I can see Moodle B's hyperlink in the Network Servers block but when I click on the link I receive this error:

Once I click on the continue button I am sent to Moodle A's homepage.

Also, within Moodle A there is no hyperlink to Moodle B.

I am trying to run in P2P mode both servers are running Windows 2003, II6, PHP v5.23, MYSQL v5.0.22 and Moodle v1.8.4+

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ali.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Hastie

Re: RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise No Key Match ERROR 3:3 NoKeyMatch

by Donal McMullan -
Hi Ali - I committed some changes to Moodle's networking code at the weekend to CVS, so if you're able to get a fresh checkout of Moodle from CVS, that might go some way to solving your problem.

However - this isn't quite the error message I would expect you to receive.

Can I ask you to inspect the key for each server, which you can view at:
/admin/mnet/index.php

and compare it to the key the other server thinks its peer has, which you can view by clicking on that server's link in :
/admin/mnet/peers.php

If these don't match, you can manually re-key by copying/pasting each server's actual public key into the appropriate record on the other server. I'd be much more confident that this will help if you're running code from CVS.
In reply to Donal McMullan

by Ali Hastie -

Hi Donal

Many thanks for you reply. I tried re-keying the server's public key and still receive the error. We currently do not use CVS to upgrade our Moodle but will look to do this very soon.

The virtual server (server B) has all the courses from Server A. 

What we are looking to do is network a total of 4 Moodles, which one of these 4 Moodles is a central hub for the remaining 3 Moodles. These 3 remaining Moodles are separate Colleges which are involved within a blended project. My question is if we have a Moodle behind a masquerading firewall and we insert the URL for that site within the networking setup will it work internally (Intranet) and externally (extranet)?

Thanks again,

Ali. 

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Karen Taylor -
Hi All,
I am also getting this error. And I have no clue what to do!
I have checked the keys and they appear to be the same on the setting page and then on the relevant peer.

Does anyone have an idea? PLEASE smile

Thanks
Karen
In reply to Karen Taylor

by Karen Taylor -
I should have said.. I am using 1.9.5

Thanks