Limiting people in Participants Block?

Limiting people in Participants Block?

by Sue Espinoza -
Number of replies: 1
Is there a way to limit the Participants Block to showing only the students enrolled in a course, rather than everyone who is in any course on that Moodle? We're using Moodle 1.7.1.

I set up a new course and have enrolled only one student. However, when I go into the course and click on Participants, I see a list that includes that one student as well as the names and pictures of all the students who had been enrolled in my course from last summer (but are not enrolled in this semester's course) -- these are the only students who have ever been enrolled in Moodle here. How do I limit the Participants to just the students enrolled in the current class?

I really want the students to see who else is in our class, but if it is not possible to limit it, I'll have to remove the Participants Block from the course home page. They will still have the Online Users block to see who's on, but it would be helpful for them to see the list of who is in the class.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Espinoza

Re: Limiting people in Participants Block?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sue - As I understand the Participants Block it should work the way you want. It should display the participants in that course only provided that the block is being displayed in the course. From the front page it will show everyone on the site. The online users block works similarly. In fact, when I set up Moodle at the beginning of the year I was surprised to see how many students were logging in and checking out their classes because they wanted to see who else was in class with them. Peace - Anthony