testing jsmath filter

testing jsmath filter

by moronke fajobi -
Number of replies: 2

does any one has an idea how to test if the installed jsmath works as it is supposed to?

i have gone through most of the topic discussions but i cant seem to find how to go about this. the jsmath filter is displayed as show on the filter section in administration

what setps do i need to take in order to test this filter?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to moronke fajobi

Re: testing jsmath filter

by Davide Cervone -
You should first try viewing the file at
    /moodle/filter/jsmath/jsMath/test/index.html
on your web site (the exact URL may be different if you installed into a location other than /moodle). This should test whether jsMath itself is working. Follow the link to test the image fonts as well.

If that works, then make an entry in a forum somewhere and use double-dollars around some mathematics and see if jsMath processes it. If so, you should see a small "jsMath" in the lower right-hand corner of the page.

You should make sure that the tex filter is OFF if you are using jsMath, or they can conflict with each other.

Davide

In reply to Davide Cervone

Re: testing jsmath filter

by moronke fajobi -

David,

Thanks for your quick response to my question.

i tried the steps for testing jsmath as you said and bravo! it worked.  and on the test page it displayed jsmaths appears to be working.

i was able to see the small jsmath in the lower right hand corner and it displayed the mathematical formula correctly.

thanks once again pal

Moronke