Trouble with linking words

Trouble with linking words

by Graham Robinson -
Number of replies: 2
After reading the forum I have managed to get links to work (that filter setting) but I have come across a problem.

My glossary is tiny, one word, as it is on a test server at the moment.

The word is 'Teachers'.

When I fill in
Concept: Teachers
Keywords: Empty
Autolink: Yes
Case sensative: no
Match whole word: yes
Description: Blah Blah Blah

Then I can go to a page and find teachers highlighted and linking perfectly.

However if I change this to add some keywords

When I fill in
Concept: Teachers
Keywords:
teacher
teachers
tutor
tutors
course creator
course creators
Case sensative: no

Then I find that 'teachers' doesn't autolink any more. In fact the only word that I can find that does auto link is 'tutors'. I have the words 'teachers' and 'course creators' on my frontpage and the phrase 'tutors and teachers' in a learning object. Only the tutors is linked.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

For the next 24 hours or so I will leave the course open (got help the bandwidth on my personal homepage's server). It is 'test course' with a key of 'LetMeIn'.

http://moodle.mediaguy.co.uk
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Robinson

Re: Trouble with linking words

by Graham Robinson -
Sorry, I should mention that the words 'tutors and teachers' can be found in Week1 > Chat > Chat 101
In reply to Graham Robinson

Re: Trouble with linking words

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Graham!
I expect that since last June you have found workarounds for the problem you mentioned in your post.

You'll be glad to hear that this bug has been solved in version 1.5 dev.

As for version 1.4.3 which I'm using at the moment, the behavior of linking to keywords is rather strange, as you mentioned and as shown below.

1- Create a new word, enter Concept = Teachers
Keywords:
  • teacher
  • teachers
  • tutor
  • tutors
  • course creator
  • course creators
Case sensitive: no

Create a resource, e.g. a web-composed page with this text:
In my class there is one nice teacher and two old teachers and a nice tutor and many course creators. They are all Teachers.
Result of auto-linking:
In my class there is one nice teacher and two old teachers and a nice tutor and many course creators. They are all Teachers doing their teaching job.

2- With same glossary & same sample text, only set the parameter Match whole word to No (i.e. do not tick the box) and here's the result:

In my class there is one nice teacher and two old teachers and a nice tutor and many course creators. They are all Teachers doing their teaching job.

et voila!

Joseph_R