WiZiQ Live Class Module

WiZiQ Live Class Module

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Number of replies: 132
We are currently testing a Live Class module for WiZiQ's virtual classroom to be launched from within Moodle as a "Block" and "Activity". I will inform here when we launch the module.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jagdeep Singh Pannu

WiZiQ's Live Class Modules are now Live

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
WiZiQ's Live Class modules for Moodle integration are now available.

On WiZiQ

The modules and video tutorials for installing and using the modules are available here:

http://www.wiziq.com/downloads/moodle/

On Moodle

WiZiQ's Live Class Activity Module:
[ http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1113 ]

WiZiQ's Live Class Block Module:
[ http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1114 ]

The links for Moodle ver. 1.7 and above do not yet show in the Moodle listing pages above. If your Moodle installation is 1.7 and above, you can get the modules from WiZiQ's downloads page for Moodle.

WiZiQ's Live Class Modules - Current Limitations

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -

Current Limitations

The modules have been successfully tested on Apache, PHP and MySQL Moodle installations but currently do not support Microsoft IIS server Moodle installations.

Re: WiZiQ's Live Class Modules - Current Limitations

by Manish Verma -
It appears that even the students need to have a WiZiQ account. A tight integration should ideally mean that the moodle user account is enough and everything works within moodle installation, except the virtual room which is hosted elsewhere.
In reply to Manish Verma

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Manish, thanks for your suggestions. We will consider that as we progress.

by Debora Weber-Wulff -
This is absolutely vital! We tested WiZiQ outside of Moodle last evening (from the Moodle Fan Club at our school). We needed a good 30 minutes before everyone had their passwords straightened out and were logged on - not good.

We also had a bad time with the echo and the delay - often 20 seconds after speaking! The teacher heard no delay (we had Audio and Video), but when the students spoke, they had feedback/echo and had to wait 10-20 seconds for that echo and the reply of the teacher.

Still, I would have integrated into Moodle today and made everyone shut up smile so only I was speaking, if they could all log through without having their own WiZiQ accounts.

Since I only need it once for now, I'll just use Google presenter for now. We really need something like this, so keep going and integrate it well into Moodle!

In reply to Debora Weber-Wulff

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Picture of Plugin developers

Debora

You may find that the Moodle-Dimdim integration simplifies the login to a web conference server. It all happens automatically from the Moodle accounts. That said, once logged in I find the WiZiQ interface more straight-forward than that of Dimdim.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you will probably need to use earphone/microphone (headset) combinations rather than loudspeaker/microphone which can cause feedback loops.

Geoff

by Sarah Sampara -

Hi there.

I have put in an online query on WiZiQ's website, however I have not heard back. Due to quite a few unforeseen circumstances, there are a few things I need to know about WiZiQ immediately. So, I was wondering if you could answer my questions. (I am specifically asking in regards to the activity block).

1. How many webcams and mics can be enabled at one time in one class?
  2. Is there a significant lag in the video and audio?
  3. Does WiZiQ have desktop sharing or application sharing features available?
  4. Are there break-out rooms, so that I can group students and send them off to little "rooms" on their own during the live session and then bring them back as a whole class?
  5. What is the minimum bandwidth required?
  6. Does it work on all platforms - Mac, Windows, Linux, etc?
  7. Will it soon be fully integrated into Moodle so that participants do not need to set up a WiZiQ account in addition to their Moodle account?

Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

Sarah Sampara
Online Developer/Instructor
Halifax Immigrant Learning Centre

In reply to Sarah Sampara

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Sarah,

I have just received the answers from our technical hands and am posting them here:
  1. How many webcams and mics can be enabled at one time in one class?

You can have mic enabled for a presenter and multiple attendees. Webcams can be enabled for 1 presenter and 1 attendee as video transmission consumes much bandwidth. With each additional video enabled you add up a certain bandwidth at not only the presenter’s end but for all the session attendees. Say, if enabling one video consumes 100kbps you are adding up a load of 100kbps to all the session participants that would require extra bandwidth to support live communication without any hiccups. Such bandwidth availability may be possible for a few users but is not the case with the majority. Thus we provide one presenter and one attendee live video at a time. We do have the feature of enabling simultaneous relay of 4-6 videos on our roadmap.

1. Is there a significant lag in the video and audio?
On a decent broadband connection users do not face any lag in audio and video. Problems like lip synch may happen due to a slower internet connection but audio delays happen only when sufficient bandwidth is not available at the presenter’s and attendees’ end.
  1. Does WiZiQ have desktop sharing or application sharing features available?
In WiZiQ's virtual classroom, you can not share your desktop because that would require downloading software at the presenter's and the attendee’s end. For ease of use we have deliberately not provided this feature. What we assume is that teachers generally require this feature to share their documents with students. We already are providing commonly used file types (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .swf, .ppt, .pps, .jpg, .gif, .bmp) to be shared live.

We do understand that there are a few scenarios like software training where this feature is quite necessary so we have this feature on our roadmap too.
  1. Are there break-out rooms, so that I can group students and send them off to little "rooms" on their own during the live session and then bring them back as a whole class?

"Break out rooms" are not available in WiZiQ's virtual classroom. We are working on it and we will soon enable our users to exchange private text chat with other session participants. But if you think differently here for break-out rooms we would like to know more about your perspective.

1. What is the minimum bandwidth required?

Depending upon variables the following bandwidths are recommended:

One way audio with medium audio quality - minimum 44 Kbps (Recommended:56 Kbps)
Two way audio with
medium audio quality - minimum 88 Kbps
One way video with medium audio quality: minimum 100 Kbps
Two way video with medium audio quality: minimum 200 Kbps

1. Does it work on all platforms - Mac, Windows, Linux, etc?

Yes, the virtual classroom is multi-platform and multi-browser compatible. It has been tested for these:

Operating systems:

Microsoft windows (XP, Vista, Server), Linux, Mac

Web Browsers:

Internet Explorer 6 and above, Mozila, Mozila Firefox, Opera 8 and above, Netscape, Safari

1. Will it soon be fully integrated into Moodle so that participants do not need to set up a WiZiQ account in addition to their Moodle account?

We are analyzing the possibility of participants not needing to sign-up for using WiZiQ's virtual classroom. But for now we have tried to keep the process easy and simple and signing up on WiZiQ hardly takes a minute.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Sarah Sampara -

Hi Jagdeep,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply to all of my questions. I also appreciate your willingness to invite my feedback as to why we want things like break out rooms.

Break-Out Rooms
As far as the break out rooms go, many ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers who are conducting classes (in-person or via distance) like to group larger classes into smaller groups for many reasons. As I’m sure you can imagine, learning a new language or fine tuning a language already learned requires great involvement on the part of the students. If there are no break-out rooms, there is quite a limited potential for everyone to use the language as much as possible. Having no break-out rooms is fine for a lecture style class, however, most language learning classes are not taught that way.

Multiple Live-Streaming Mics
Speaking about break-out rooms and group interactivity makes me wonder about microphones. I am not sure if how many can be enabled. So, perhaps my question springs out of ignorance. If so, you can just ignore it. For increased interactivity among students, it would be nice for all members of a break out room to have their microphones enabled. This would allow to the participants of the small group to again interact with the language as much as possible.

Desktop / Application Sharing
I hope you don’t mind, but I do have one other point. This may or may not be on your radar for developing in the future, but desktop and/or application sharing is a great feature to have as an option, if not part of the basic package of WiZiQ. I say this for a couple of reasons:

1. Different student may want to give presentations that require showing someone (other classmates or the teacher) how to do something on the computer. With desktop sharing, this could easily be done.
  2. Teachers (especially those in real-time distance tutorial situations) may like to see where their students actually are on their computers, as some students have trouble navigating Moodle and so forth. It can be very frustrating for both the teacher and the student to not be able to see the same screen. If both were able to see the same screen and perhaps even pass control (as with application sharing), many technical difficulties and navigation problems that arise could be thwarted.

Once again, I appreciate you inviting my feedback and comments. As a language teacher, there aren’t any programs I have found so far that have everything we’re looking for, expensive or free. So, to have a developer listen to my concerns as their developing a program is really encouraging.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Sarah Sampara
Halifax Immigrant Learning Centre
Online Developer/ Instructor

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sarah Sampara

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Thanks for your ideas and feedback Sarah; these are all valid points and valuable feedback like this has helped us evolve and grow.

Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Edward Higgs -
Jagdeep,

I am currently looking at using WiZiQ with Moodle, for schools in Birmingham,
and note as above that participants need to setup a WiZiQ account in addition
to their Moodle account. This could be a stumbling block due to the extra admin required.

Has any progress been made in allowing the Moodle account to access the virtual
classroom ? Alternatively is there an option to create a batch of WiZiQ accounts from an uploaded CSV file

Thanks
Eddie Higgs
Service Birmingham
e-Learning Development
In reply to Edward Higgs

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for your interest in WiZiQ. Moodle website accounts cannot access the Virtual Classroom without a WiZiQ login.

If you send us a list of students, we can send you user logins for the students to make it easy for you.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by siva prasad -

i installed wiziq plugin with moodle 2.7 .

when trying to add wiziq class activity it is saying   'Unable to read Timezone Xml'   after a long processing..

i set the time zone as  asia/kolkata.  can you please help me to fix this..

thanks in advance..

the error msg that i received is:

Attachment Screenshot_4.png

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
WiZiQ Live Class modules support Microsoft IIS server Moodle installations also.

Parse Error

by Tracy Clark, Ed.D. -

Hello,

I am using Moodle 1.9 and have installed Wiz IQ, but continue to get the following error message; any suggestions?

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in /global/webhost/home/www.../mod/wiziq/auto.php on line 17

Tracy

In reply to Tracy Clark, Ed.D.

Ynt: Parse Error

by Cuneyt Birkok -
I have the same problem exactly:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /hsphere/local/home/...../mod/wiziq/auto.php on line 17
In reply to Cuneyt Birkok

Re: Ynt: Parse Error

by Rajesh Sharma -
This problem appears to be specific to some of the unzip programs.

If you could tell me which unzip program you are using, I would be able to help you on this. And also the platform that you are using for unzipping the modules.

In windows, DOS Edit and WinWord convert unix line terminators to DOS line terminators, but notepad just shows the unix teminators as boxes. And as such some of the unzipping programs also cause the problems.

Try using any other unzipping program.

Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting
In reply to Rajesh Sharma

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Parse Error

by Cuneyt Birkok -
I have unzipped it using ixwebhosting's control panel uncompress function (linux).
And also I tried unzip (win xp platform) with 7-zip software and upload via cuteftp and filezilla softwares.

by Tracy Clark, Ed.D. -

Hello Rajesh,

For me it looks as if I am unable to connect to Wiz IQ...

Tracy

by Leang Chumsoben -
Hello Rajesh,

I got the same error. I used the default zip utility of KDE 3.5.x (Ark) running on openSUSE 10.3. I also tried to extract the zip package in Windows using WinZip but still no luck.

Any additional idea?

Thank you.

Soben
In reply to Leang Chumsoben

by Rajesh Sharma -
Hi,

Then the universal solution. To tweak it to the way it will work. smile

Okay, do one thing.
Open the file in any text editor.

The this line shows up as..
----
class detail {
public $InstallationId;
public $MoodleUserId;
public $EmailAddress;
public $UserName;
}
----
Edit This to show up as

----
class detail {public $InstallationId;
public $MoodleUserId;
public $EmailAddress;
public $UserName;
}
----

This outto solve the problem

Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

by Andrew Ferguson -

Hi there

I have tried all of the above and still the error is there. I used 4 separate unzips plus windows compressed folders and uploaded file separately from rest of folder even. This still doesn't do it. Have you any further ideas or can you upload your auto.php file to the site for us to try. Is this a PHP version issue?

Andrew

by Leang Chumsoben -
Hello Rajesh,

Thank you very much for the quick response. I did as you said but I still got the same error (but now "on line 16"). There must be something wrong with this line:

public $InstallationId;

Any idea then?

Soben

by Tracy Clark, Ed.D. -

Made change and now Line 16 is showning an error...

Tracy

In reply to Tracy Clark, Ed.D.

by Bruno Vernier -
This is the line in auto.php which hangs:
$client = new soapclient('http://service.wiziq.com/ws/SchedulingService.asmx');

which means it is hanging while connecting via SOAP to wiziq.com

and produces a blank page
In reply to Bruno Vernier

by Leang Chumsoben -
Hello Rajesh and Bruno,

Do you have any additional idea on how to fix this error? We all here seem to get the same problem. sad

Soben
In reply to Cuneyt Birkok

by Rudy Garns -
I'm still having this parse error problem. I select the WizIq activity and go to Notification and get the error message that points to the auto.php line

public $MoodleUserId;

I'm using PHP 5 and just upgraded to Moodle 1.9. Has anyone found a solution?

Re: WiZiQ's Live Class Modules are now Live

by rasha fawzy -

hi every one iam new to this module.ihave installed wiziq successful but i faced the blank page problem so iamade all the above solutions for it and it worked but i have faced it again after create mmodle user page inwhich i enter the wiziq name and passwoed and email addrress once i click the join us button i got the blank page.

is the reason that iam working on a localhost

thanks i need an answer fast please can any one help!!!!!

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
We have updated the WiZiQ Live Class installation modules at the available download locations on WiZiQ and Moodle. The new versions only solve known installation issues so if you already have a successful installation, there is no need to get the latest version.

by Fabian Glagovsky -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Jagdeep, thanks for Wiziq.

I have a problem. I am running two separate instances of Moodle. Both are higher than 1.9. The first one has almost a year, and I have added Wiziq to it and it works fine.

The second one is new. Moodle 1.9.3. Php 5.2.1

Today I installed the Wiziq pluging. However, when I schedule a session, a lot of code is dumped on the page. (The scheduling works, though).

Can you help me?

I have a screen capture (the code goes on below for at least 4 more pages).

Thanks!

Fabian

PD: also, I would like to know when Wiziq's login will be integrated with Moodle's login, so people shouldn't not login twice to enter a Webconf.

Attachment errorwiziq1.JPG

by Shota Barbakadze -
I'm installed Wiziiq and dropped the folders into their required locations as per the documentation. However, when I click on "Wiziq Live Class" under activities, i see a page headed "Wiziq Live Class" with a message "Be careful modifying these settings - strange values could cause problems.". The same happens under the blocks section.

Then, if I try adding an activity in the course (specifically Wiziq Live Class), a see a message telling me my requesting is being processed and then another screen appears that "Schedule your Wiziq Live Class". It doesn't allow me to manage Wiziq Live Class.

Any idea what this could be about, and why it does not go through to the next step?

Thanks

Attachment wiziq_screenshot.jpg

by pranay nath -

I want to integrate Wiziq module directly to my drupla site. would wiziq module for moodle work and can i get some support for it .

In reply to pranay nath

by Stuart Mealor -

I use WiZiQ with clients, but I'm not a developer.
The WiZiQ plugin specific for Moodle would not work with another application, such as Drupal.
However, if you are a developer you are able to see the module code and might be able to learn enough to adapt for a different application.
Stu.

Re: WiZiQ Live Class Module

by Bartłomiej Polakowski -
I get a blank page when I try to add it as an activity. I use Moodle 1.8.4, with newest PHP, Apache and MySQL, and Vista. Any ideas?
In reply to Bartłomiej Polakowski

by Rajesh Sharma -
Hi,
I might be able to help you on this. As the developer of this.
I need to ask you a few questions.

1. When you get a blank page There would be a URI in your browser as to where the page was being redirected. If you paste that in here, I would be able to check it out and get back to you on this. (Or you can contact me at rajesh at mechante dot com. )

Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

Hello,

thank you for response.

The URI looks like this: http://localhost/moodle/mod/wiziq/auto.php?id=2&section=0&sesskey=bQQbfoSTv3&add=wiziq;

Before the blank page there is a page with an info that my request is being processed.

Bartek

by Rajesh Sharma -
Hello,

I have further questions.
and I am assuming a few things.
1. The server that you are trying to use is connected to the internet.
2. There is no Firewall preventing the connection of this server to the WiZiQ server.

Q1. Were you able to create a user the First time. Or it did not connect to the WiZiQ Server?

Once I have the answer to these question I would be able to help you. From the looks of it... I believe that the module is being prevented from trying to connect to the WiZiQ server.

regards
Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

Hi,

the server where is moodle is connected to the Web. Even if I turn of my firewall I got the same blank page.
I didnt connect to the WiZiQ Server.
Ive used IE instead of firefox and got:

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

• The website is under maintenance.
  • The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

bullet.png Refresh the page.

bullet.png Go back to the previous page.

More information More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

by Rajesh Sharma -
This would generally mean the the script is beig prevented from doing its tasks. Please check the logs of the server. It will give you more explicit reasons on where and why is it being prevented.

Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

Hmm...the Apache access.log looks ok

008:17:09:24 +0100] "GET /moodle/theme/standardwhite/styles.php HTTP/1.1" 200 663
127.0.0.1 - - [30/Jan/2008:17:09:25 +0100] "GET /moodle/calendar/overlib.cfg.php HTTP/1.1" 200 233
127.0.0.1 - - [30/Jan/2008:17:09:21 +0100] "GET /moodle/ HTTP/1.1" 200 42076
127.0.0.1 - - [30/Jan/2008:17:09:32 +0100] "GET /moodle/course/mod.php?id=1&section=0&sesskey=EQ3iIRctaw&add=wiziq HTTP/1.1" 200 5603
127.0.0.1 - - [30/Jan/2008:17:09:36 +0100] "GET /moodle/mod/wiziq/auto.php?id=1&section=0&sesskey=EQ3iIRctaw&add=wiziq; HTTP/1.1" 500 1

Even if I turn of my firewall it doesnt change anything. Maybe its sth with Vista? I had similar problems with blank page during installation of moodle but than Ive created config.php myself and everything went smooth.

by Lakshmi Iyer -
Hi

I have the same problem too. The configuration is Opensuse linux, apache php and mysql. When i try to add WiziQ Live class activity it returns a blank page and doesnot take me to the WiziQ signup page.

regards,
Lakshmi

by Rajesh Sharma -
You have guess it right. The problem does arise on Vista server. We are working on a solution to work around this problem. Will post in here once the solution to this problem is ready.

Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Quote: "I had similar problems with blank page during installation of moodle but than Ive created config.php myself and everything went smooth."

Hi Bartlomiej,

Could you please paste the changes here that you made in your config.php file? Maybe it can help other users with the same problem.

Thanks,

Jagdeep.

by Brigitte Baquero -
Hi

I have exactly the same problem. When i try to add WiziQ Live class activity, it returns a blank page. Can someone help me??

regards,
Brigitte
In reply to Brigitte Baquero

by Tim Hart -
I am also getting the blank screen issue. Tried on both Moodle 1.8.4 and 1.7X. Any help would be awesome. Looking forward to trying this out.
In reply to Tim Hart

by Rajesh Sharma -
Hullo Tim,

The Blank page problem is coming in When your server is unable to complete the request of being able to contact the WiZiqs server.

I would need your enviroment description.

If possible if you could send in your PHP info along with the enviorment description, I would be able to help you in getting it going.
regards
Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

by Julian Ridden -
Does your system require any specific firewall rules to operate?

I fear that my firewall (which is very tight due to an all male student population) may be blocking access to any non-standard ports that WiZiQ might be needing.
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Julian Ridden -
I just installed on my 1.9Beta4 and am getting the following area when tring to use the activity.

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [WSDL] SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'http://service.wiziq.com/ws/SchedulingService.asmx' in /home/moodle18/public_html/mod/wiziq/auto.php:35 Stack trace: #0 /home/moodle18/public_html/mod/wiziq/auto.php(35): SoapClient->__construct('http://service....') #1 {main} thrown in /home/moodle18/public_html/mod/wiziq/auto.php on line 35

Any ideas?
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Joanna Tsai -

Hi,

Does this module support the user who shares the hosting server?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Joanna Tsai

by Joanna Tsai -

Everything went O.K., after I click the Activity Link of Module on the Administrator block,

On the top of the activity table, it gave me the following debugging code, maybe be helpful for you.

"Unknown column 'course' in 'where clause'

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mdl_wiziq WHERE course0
line 677 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
line 372 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
line 355 of lib/dmllib.php: call to count_records_sql()
line 180 of admin/modules.php: call to count_records_select()"

After I went to the course, and tried to add it from the activity, it shew " cannot find the sever", then a blank page with

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/prachine/public_html/mod/wiziq/auto.php on line 17"

The same as they above presented

Pic is attached

My configuration

Moodle:1.8.2+, apache php and mysql, share hosting

Attachment unknown.jpg
In reply to Brigitte Baquero

by Rajesh Sharma -
Hi,
Have you made sure of the requisites for the module.

If yes then please put in the enviorment you are trying to get it to work on.

I will try to help you get it going.
Rajesh Sharma
Merchant Consulting

by Silvia Flaim -
Hello,
I'm italian and also have the blank page when I lunch the Activity WiziQ...moodle is installed on a web server with php 5 (unbit.com) and i open it with firefox on a mac Osx...
I have download the MOD and placed it on the /mod..

the link of the blank page is:
http://elearning.romeuracademy.com/mod/wiziq/auto.php?id=1&section=1&sesskey=e4yOvB7pJn&add=wiziq;

what could I do?

Thanks for help smile
In reply to Silvia Flaim

by David Briscoe -
I had this problem and I tried everything without success. I was using the wiziq module download for moodle 1.7. I deleted this from mod. Then, I downloaded the wiziq module for moodle 1.6 and installed it. It works perfectly now.

Good Luck.

In reply to David Briscoe

by Silvia Flaim -

Thanks a lot David...I'll try this sorridente

My Moodle version is 1.8....I hope it works Eh?! and i'll write soon my outcomes...

Regards..

In reply to Silvia Flaim

by Silvia Flaim -

No..it doesn't work sad

But I have done all the passage, also copy the help files!!!

I wrote to support@wiziq.com when i'll have a reply i told here..

Good night to all!

In reply to Silvia Flaim

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
I just received the following instructions, which will probably fix most of the errors for the current version of the modules:

Please try the following workaround:

1. Change the classname from "soapclient" to "nusoap_client" in auto.php but it also needs to be changed for the following files in the /mod/wiziq directory:

createuser.php

login.php

retpass.php

session.php

OR

2. For a Unix based installation, please look for "soap.so" in PHP.ini file and comment that.

In case, you don't find this setting then, wherever PHP is installed, move the file /etc/php.d/soap.so to some other folder and restart your http daemon.

For windows based installations

Make the following changes in the PHP.ini file:

1. Comment the line, extension = php_soap.dll

2. Restart your web server and then try WiZiQ Live Classroom.

Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Silvia Flaim -
Yes grande sorriso
I'm receiving today a similar mail and i have made the passages in point 1 and now the MOD works!!

There is only a thing...how could I record sessions and how could I set my time to Rome...

Thanks for the support..i hope that this information will be useful to all ammiccante
In reply to Silvia Flaim

by Joanna Tsai -

Hi, Silvia, you are so lucky, I operated that according to the point 1, modified and copied, deleted the module from the page of admini. block--->Modules---->Activities, click Notifications

On the top of the admini. block--->Modules---->Activities, it still shew me

"Unknown column 'course' in 'where clause'

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mdl_wiziq WHERE course0

• line 677 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 372 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
  • line 355 of lib/dmllib.php: call to count_records_sql()
  • line 180 of admin/modules.php: call to count_records_select()"

In the specific course page, after adding it from the list of activities, the browser page still went to :

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/prachine/public_html/mod/wiziq/auto.php on line 17"

I checked line 17, it's"public $InstallationId;"

Anyone luckier than me?

In reply to Joanna Tsai

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Liu,

Your issue looks unique. If you could send us your Moodle admin login details, we could check your Live Class installation. You can mail your details to support@wiziq.com

Thanks,
Jagdeep

by Joanna Tsai -

Hi, Jagdeep

After I converted the php version to PHP5, it can go to somepage allow me to register, but still leaves me many debugging code in the course config. page

Notice: Undefined index: error in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/auto.php on line 7

Notice: Undefined variable: courseid in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 323

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 389

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 398

Notice: Undefined variable: wizq in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 398

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 398

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 399

Notice: Undefined variable: wizq in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 399

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 399

Notice: Undefined variable: cm in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 400

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 400

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 400

Error: Invalid context creation request for level "70", instance "".
  • line 1685 of lib/accesslib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 1844 of lib/accesslib.php: call to create_context()
  • line 4150 of lib/weblib.php: call to get_context_instance()
  • line 400 of mod/wiziq/mode1.html: call to update_module_button()
  • line 830 of mod/wiziq/auto.php: call to include_once()

Notice: Undefined variable: cm in /home/public_html/mod/wiziq/mode1.html on line 401

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/lib/weblib.php on line 4377

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/lib/weblib.php on line 4385

print_header() was called more than once - this should not happen. Please check the code for this page closely. Note: error() and redirect() are now safe to call after print_header().
  • line 2089 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 401 of mod/wiziq/mode1.html: call to print_header()
  • line 830 of mod/wiziq/auto.php: call to include_once()

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need some help, thanks!

Regards,

Liu

In reply to Silvia Flaim

by Fritz Richter -
I have also problems to get the correct timezone. The settings of my wiziq account are not used by the moodle activity. I get GMT+13 by default which I can not change to any other timezone. Is this a known issue?

thanks for any help,

Fritz
In reply to Fritz Richter

by Geoffrey Rowland -

Fritz et al.

I can confirm we also have the 'GMT+13 timezone' issue.

Any ideas?

In reply to Geoffrey Rowland

Time Zone Configuration for WiZiQ Live Class Activity

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
The settings as configured in your WiZiQ account are not saved in Moodle. You need to configure your time zone in Moodle to add a new WiZiQ live class for your time zone. So you need to select your time zone in your Moodle account. For that, visit your Moodle profile. Go to the "Edit Profile" tab and select your time zone there (see image below). Save the changes in your profile. Next time when you add a WiZiQ Live Class activity, you would be able to schedule it for your time zone.

If this does not work, please let us know.

Attachment Time-zone1.jpg

Re: Time Zone Configuration for WiZiQ Live Class Activity

by Silvia Flaim -
Thanks for the help...but i have just set my profile to my timezone (Europe/Rome) and when i add a wiziq events it shows only the option (that i can't change) of +13GMT...

I had to change something on the code??

Thanks to all smile
In reply to Silvia Flaim

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Silvia, our support team just sent you these directions by email also:

WiZiQ Live Class form picks up time zone as you set in your profile on Moodle. Please set your time zone in your Moodle profile. All the following steps need to be done in your Moodle account and not in your WiZiQ account.

1. Sign-in to your Moodle account.

2. Visit your profile that you have filled on Moodle. There you have time zone set as GMT +13.

3. Go to ‘Edit Profile’ tab.

4. In the Timezone field select ‘GMT+1’ and save the information.

5. Now, select WiZiQ Live Class as an activity. You should be able to add WiZiQ Live Classes for GMT which I’m assuming is your actual time zone.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

by Geoffrey Rowland -

Hi Jagdeep

We still seem to have the 'GMT+13' issue whatever our Moodle server or account settings are.

• Have set Linux server system time to Europe/London (GMT or UTC, with or without NTP)
  • Have set Moodle > Site Administration > Location > Location settings > Default timezone: Europe/London (also tried UTC)
  • Have set Moodle > Site Administration > Location > Location settings >Force default timezone: Users can choose their own timezone (also tried UTC).
  • Have set my profile to Europe/London (also tried UTC and Server local time).

However the WiZiQ Live class is still set to GMT+13

I notice that recent timezone data (certainly for Moodle 1.9 beta 4) uses the string UTC rather than GMT. Is this related to the problem?

Geoff

by Silvia Flaim -
Yes thanks, i have received your email but the problem is still live... sad

by Fritz Richter -
no! the timezone of a moodle profile is beeing ignored by the wiziq activity. It still shows GMT+13 which cannot be changed.

best Fritz

by Hesed Tendero -
Is there a fix for this yet?
In reply to Hesed Tendero

by Joanna Tsai -

It works fine after I upgrade my moodle to 1.9.2, I don't know where should be fixed that the above mentioned.

The only thing I hope can be improved is that if they can create a page for the first visitor, they just need input a nickname then can join your class,  then they can choose if they need register or not as demonstrated in http://www.123flashchat.com/demo.html

by krishna krishna -

Hi Jagdeep,

I Installed latest version of WizIQ  in moodle 2.8.1, and upgraded the database but I am getting an error "Unable to read Timezone Xml.". Also I followed the steps mentioned above and selected the timezone as UTC+5.5(India). But even then I am getting the same problem. Please help me to solve this issue.

Attachment timezone.JPG

by Andy An -
Hi Jagdeep:
Thanks.
As I modified the code with your guide the problem is gone!

by Gaurav Patel -
Hey Jagdeep,

As a tester of this module, i have found several issue.
- Well Point 1 is working for Blank Page issue.
- Date issue

- There is no update/edit schedule option
- If you try to delete scheduled class..
..http://myserver.com/moodle/course/mod.php has blank page

Reply please
Thanks

In reply to Gaurav Patel

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Gaurav,

I have received the following instructions from the development team:

----------------------------------

Update/edit schedule

At the moment, there is no option to edit a scheduled class. However, a user can delete and create a new one.

Blank page issue

Try the following workaround:

1. Change the classname from "soapclient" to "nusoap_client" in auto.php but it also needs to be changed for the following files in the /mod/wiziq directory:

createuser.php
login.php
retpass.php
session.php

OR

2. For a Unix based installation, please look for "soap.so" in PHP.ini file and comment that.

In case, you don't find this setting then, wherever PHP is installed, move the file /etc/php.d/soap.so to some other folder and restart your http daemon.

For windows based installations:

Make the following changes in the PHP.ini file:

1. Comment the line, extension = php_soap.dll
2. Restart your web server and then try WiZiQ Live Classroom.

---------------------------------

Module performance is based on multiple variables, depending upon installation specifics. This being our first release, has helped identify errors, which did not occur in our testing environment. We are working on the next version, which will address these errors. I will update here as soon as it is live.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Gaurav Patel -
Hi Jagdeep.
thx for quick reply...well i did change all *.php file wid soapclient->nusoap_client

but for delete...it still show blank page..it deletes data...perfect !!!..but mod.php has blank page even after changing php files

--------------------------------
ISSUE with DELETE
If i want to delete stuff..i have to do this
-delete (X) schedule class
-redirect to http://myserver.com/moodle/course/mod.php?delete=66&sesskey=6Wec3ZBvc9&sr=1
for confirmation
- pressed yes
-http://myserver.com/moodle/course/mod.php ---- blank page---still data is not deleted from course outline
- Refresh it again from browser --->
Could not delete the wiziq (instance) <-- got this message
-Now everything is deleted

So this is not usual way

and for date issue...i am also working on that...i will figure it out hopefully
thanks
gaurav
In reply to Gaurav Patel

by Gaurav Patel -
Bingo.
Date issue solved for me.... smile .... all i found is there is limitation ... you cant set server's local time in profile... only select GMT stuff... make sure you have selected correct GMT time in user profile.... check Server-> log in administrator tab for checking perfect time....once its set..you can set up date while scheduling class smile

coz time is set up hard-coded like this...
case("-12.5"):
{
$timezone="GMT-12.5";
break;
}
case("-12.0"):
{
$timezone="GMT-12";
break;
}

so if you setup - ESTEDT or America/Toronto in profile then
it will take GMT+13 by default in wiziq
and you cant set up class for that day..you can only setup for next day..
so basically its all about GMT stuff
thanks

In reply to Gaurav Patel

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Thanks Gaurev

This fix worked for me too! Had to set my profile time as UTC ( = GMT) rather than server local time, Europe/London etc. Thought I had tried this earlier, but was presumably one of the combinations I missed.

Thanks again

Geoff

by Gaurav Patel -
Hi Geoff,
Your welcome sir ! Can you tell me delete works for you? I mean it works like i said in previous post.....I get blank page...and had to refresh again...I need better solution of this...
Help !
thanks in advance
In reply to Gaurav Patel

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Gaurav

I have had no problems deleting WiZiQ Live Class activities.

Using Moodle 1.9, MySQL 5.0.45, PHP 5.2.5, Apache 2.2.3 on CentOS 5 (RHEL 5 clone).

Geoff

by Gaurav Patel -
Hi all,
I still Cant figure out the delete option for 1.8
It still gives blank page for me sad
Anyone could help?
Thanks
In reply to Gaurav Patel

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Gaurav,

I suggest that you send us your contact information to support@wiziq.com, so that we can talk to you and analyze your issue closely.

I would also like to mention that we will be addressing all known issues in our future release, which will probably be live before the end of this month.

Thanks,
Jagdeep

by Jim Baker -

Hello,

I do not have a line in my php.ini file with "soap.so" in it.

Also, There is no file soap.so file in my /etc/php.d/ directory.

My server is Linux based. Centos

I turned on debugging and got the following message when trying to add a wiziq activity.

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

End tag 'div' does not match the start tag 'center'. Error processing resource 'http://onlinejuku.com/moodle/course/mod.php...

I would really like to use this module. Any suggestions?

JB

In reply to Jim Baker

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Jim,

Try after turning debugging off. If still the problem persists, just email us the admin login details of your Moodle installation and server ftp at support@wiziq.com

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Adolfo Franco -
Hello

In a server with PHP Version 5.2.2-pl1-gentoo, moodle 1.9 weekly, I just get this:

This module cannot be added to this course yet! (No file found at: )

There's no mention to extension=soap.so in php.ini and no such file in the system, tho in phpinfo it shows --disable-soap in the configure command tab...

What sould I try next?

Thanks
In reply to Adolfo Franco

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Adolfo,

You can have a look at the WiZiQ Live Class for Moodle forum. If the answer is not there, you can simply start a thread or jump into a relevant one.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

نظر در مورد: Re: WiZiQ Live Class Module

by neda NASERVAND -

Hi jagdeep

i installed wiziq, but when i adding the activity to a course. i geting

this message:

This module cannot be added to this course yet! (No file found at: )

i looked WiZiQ Live Class for Moodle forum.  but i didn,t see any things

thanks a lot

moodle 1.9 and wiziq 1.7  

In reply to neda NASERVAND

Re: نظر در مورد: Re: WiZiQ Live Class Module

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Neda,

I recommend that you go through this help document on WiZiQ: This module cannot be added to this course yet. (No file found at..)

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu
iMoodle

نظر در مورد: Re: نظر در مورد: Re: WiZiQ Live Class Module

by neda NASERVAND -

hi jagdeep

i saw this link :This module cannot be added to this course yet. (No file found at but i didn,t understand. now, i delete wiziq from my server and my site then, again i install wiziq in my server where moodle is installed. when i click on notifications i see this error: 

This script generated 1 warning - Scroll to the first warning

wiziq

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_wiziq ( id BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, name VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, url VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, wdate VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, wtime VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, wdur VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, wtype VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (id) )  

1050: Table 'mdl_wiziq' already exists

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiziq COMMENT='WizIQ Acitivty Module'  

موفق

wiziq tables could NOT be set up successfully! 

نظر در مورد: Re: نظر در مورد: Re: WiZiQ Live Class Module

by neda NASERVAND -

please help me, thanks a lot  

Re: نظر در مورد: Re: نظر در مورد: Re: WiZiQ Live Class Module

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Neda, I understand that you are in direct touch with WiZiQ support. That's the best way to resolve your issues if you cannot find ready information.

by malcolm goh -

Hi thanks! big grin this works fine!  I also added the suggestion by Rajesh {Rajesh Sharma - Wednesday, 30 January 2008, 07:45 PM} and it seems to work fine on 1.8.4!

Thanks!

by Gaurav Patel -

Hello, Thanks for reply. Ok This is going confusing now. So I am including images here. Here You can see i created class(testing-1). I started 'Turn Editing ON'. Try to delete from X button. 2001094368891349025_fs.jpg

Here is Confirmation of Deletion. Ofcourse i will press YES for test 2001089915757707085_fs.jpg

Now I got blank page here
2001098713251666611_fs.jpg

Here i did trick..I press refresh button in browser. Dang !!! You can see Error there: COULD NOT DELETE THE WIZIQ (INSTANCE) But It actually deletes the name from first image that I showed. I use BACK BUTTON to go first page of my site. Refresh that page again....testing-1 is not there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So It works when i get this error....

2001027179492041739_fs.jpg

Now Developer please help me here..its issue with 1.8 Gaurav
In reply to Gaurav Patel

by Brian Schmidt -
Gaurav,

Have you already tried turning on debugging (Site Administration -> Server -> Debugging), to see if there are any hints as to where things are failing? I would try that and set it to the most sensitive (DEVELOPER) setting.
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Gaurav Patel -
Hi Brian ,
Well If I would opent that , i had to resolve a lot of warnings when i enter in the site..every page has some warnings..coz i added other blocks too...
sad
Thanks anyway

by Rhiannon Baxter -

I just installed WiZiQ for moodle 1.7 or higher.  When tyring to add as an activity I get this error... Any suggestions?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@bscsonline.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

In reply to Rhiannon Baxter

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Rhiannon,

Could you please provide us the following information at support@wiziq.com:

Site URL:

Admin login and password:

FTP URL:

FTP admin login and password:

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Janet Smith -
Hi,

I am working with the WizIq module and seem to be getting an error related to the mode1.html file. I am running Moodle 1.8.4.

I installed WizIQ and it works great but when I access the page to schedule the event, I get a big calendar error on the right hand side of the screen. It looks like it is trying to load a small calendar but there is an error in the code. I am attaching the code which shows the exact error which I am pretty sure is in the mode1.html file.

'; // END: Main column // START: Last column (3-month display) echo ''; echo '
'; echo '
'.get_string('monthlyview', 'calendar').'
'; list($prevmon, $prevyr) = calendar_sub_month($mon, $yr); list($nextmon, $nextyr) = calendar_add_month($mon, $yr); $getvars = 'id='.$courseid.'&cal_d='.$day.'&cal_m='.$mon.'&cal_y='.$yr; // For filtering echo '
'; echo calendar_filter_controls($view, $getvars); echo '
'; echo '
'; echo calendar_top_controls('display', array('id' => $courseid, 'm' => $prevmon, 'y' => $prevyr)); echo calendar_get_mini($courses, $groups, $users, $prevmon, $prevyr); echo '
'; echo calendar_top_controls('display', array('id' => $courseid, 'm' => $mon, 'y' => $yr)); echo calendar_get_mini($courses, $groups, $users, $mon, $yr); echo '...it goes on from there but I don't think you need the rest.

Has anyone seen this and found what needs to be modified to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Janet
In reply to Janet Smith

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Janet,

We could help if you provide us the following information at support@wiziq.com:

Site URL:

Admin login and password:

FTP URL:

FTP admin login and password:

Please also let us know when you installed the modules.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Janet Smith -

Hi,

Unfortunately the Moodle site I am testing on is running only on my computer and is not available over the internet.  But I am attaching a screen shot of the error.  I suspect it is something small with the html tags.

Thanks in advance,

Janet

Attachment screen_shot.JPG

by behzad pajoomand rad -
hi,
thanks for wiziq,
when i setup latest version for moodle 1.9 and add an activity ,everything goes ok, but when i fill schedule a class and press schedule button,this error shown in browser:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/farabiin/public_html/umz/mod/wiziq/session.php on line 446

help me plz ASAP,
thank you
In reply to behzad pajoomand rad

by behzad pajoomand rad -
hi friends,
i solve my problem!
just set my server PHP setting from PHP4 to PHP5!
it's work properly
thanks again

by Derek Hunter -
I've got the same issue, but I'm already on php5 with on Mac OS 10.5.2 Server. . . Any hints? Any help would be great.
Derek
web.png
In reply to Derek Hunter

by Jose Luis Martin Jimenez -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I've got the same problem.

I've installed a "fresh" version (downloaded today) on my Moodle without any problem: Installation completed OK.

Then, I try to add a new WiZiQ activity and get this screen.

(Moodle 1.8.5, PHP 5.1.2, MySQL 5.0.18 - on Windows 2003 Server and IIS)

Thank you for your attention.
José Luis.
Attachment Moodle_WiZiQ.jpg
In reply to Jose Luis Martin Jimenez

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Jose and Derek,

We can look at your installation if you send us these details to support@wiziq.com:

1. Site URL
2. Admin login and password
3. FTP URL
4. FTP admin login and password

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Jose Luis Martin Jimenez -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello Jagdeep, but I'm sorry that's not possible for us.

Our server is running in our LAN (part of a corporate WAN) and behind some firewalls and reverse proxies that don't allow the FTP protocol.

Anyway, I can say that exactly the same problem happened on a second Moodle installation (version 1.9) on this same server. But in both cases, when I ignore the errors on screen and fill the data to schedule the live class, the WiZiq activity is finally created and working OK (as long as we have tested it). Then, this problem is rather an "aesthetic" issue wink

Thanks.
Jose Luis M.
In reply to Jose Luis Martin Jimenez

by Steve Towson -
Hi. We have the same problem with the latest version of WIZIQ running on moodle 1.9.2 on apache/mysql. Has anyone managed to fix it?

Steve

by Donna Kevey -
I had this problem:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error when trying to schedule an activity:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/harbro/public_html
/courses/mod/wiziq/session.php on line 403
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WiZiQ ver. 1.7 installed
Moodle version: 1.8.4
PHP version: 4.4.8
Apache: 1.3.41

=> Solution: upgrade to moodle version 1.9 and add the following line to your .htaccess file:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

=> Note: This issue usually occurs if you are on a shared hosting with both PHP versions 4.x and 5.x installed.

by Ronald Morales -
Hello

I'm working in a server with:
PHP Version 5.2.0-8
moodle 1.9

and when I try to add the wiziq module I just get this.

This module cannot be added to this course yet! (No file found at: )

In the debug information it appears:

wiziqerrorjl0.jpg

Help please
In reply to Ronald Morales

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi Ronald,

If your problem has not been solved, you might like to visit the support forum for the Live Class modules on WiZiQ. If your issue is unique, you can start a new thread there.

Thanks,
Jagdeep

A Live Session on Using Moodle with WiZiQ

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Alexandro Colorado, the co-Lead of the OpenOffice.org project for Spanish will introduce Moodle and how to use the WiZiQ Live Class Modules in Moodle tomorrow (13th August, 2008), in a live interactive session. This is a live webinar in WiZiQ's Virtual Classroom, where you can listen to the presentation and ask questions. To participate, please follow this link:

An Introduction to Moodle

All are welcome!

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

Re: A Live Session on Using Moodle with WiZiQ

by Evan Erickson -
I have a couple questions regarding WiZiQ. I know it was already asked in this Forum, but I didn't know if anything has changed yet.
  • Are you able to Share Desktop now?
  • Is there a way to integrate this with Moodle for an Online Course that requires the students to pay for the Course before accessing it?
  • After the student has paid an watched the training, will they be able to still have access to the Recording?
  • Individual who didn't make the Live Course, will they be able to purchase and view the Recording?
  • Is there anyway to distribute "hand-outs" or "Course Materials" to the students before the Live Course starts?
I'm sure that I will have more questions, but this should at least get the ball rolling, if WiZiQ doesn't have these abilities, does anyone know of a Web Conferencing System out there that can do this? (other than WebEx, not interested).
Thanks,
Evan
In reply to Evan Erickson

Re: A Live Session on Using Moodle with WiZiQ

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hello Evan,

Here are the answers:

Screen sharing is now possible but application sharing and desktop sharing is not.

• Is there a way to integrate this with Moodle for an Online Course that requires the students to pay for the Course before accessing it?

We are soon going to bring out this feature, may be in 2 months time.

• After the student has paid and watched the training, will they be able to still have access to the Recording?
That would depend on the presenter. We will allow the presenter/teacher to set up access for students. (This feature will be up very soon)

• Individuals who didn't make the Live Course, will they be able to purchase and view the Recording?

Yes soon; we are working on this feature too. Students would be able to purchase and view the recording. As of now a student can view a virtual class after it’s over or if she misses the live class. We are soon going to implement the paid live recurring classes feature, through which students will be able to buy the session series and then attend the live sessions/view recording.

• Is there any way to distribute "hand-outs" or "Course Materials" to the students before the Live Course starts?

No as of now; a lot of educators are using their own websites, blogs etc for this. See some websites powered by WiZiQ

Additionally, a very exciting new feature that we just launched allows you to embed virtual classes in your own websites, blogs etc.

We are also revamping our Tests to bring in assessments and advanced test creation and delivery features, including embeds.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Manipushp Rajvanshi -

Hi,

I am new to moodle and i am administrating an online tutoring website using wiziq. What i want to know is that:

1. How can i setup a virtual classroom session on wiziq between a student and a teacher through moodle.

2. I want to make this session as 1-to-1, but i am not able to do that.

3. All students included in the same course gets included in scheduled session automatically. I want to keep other students      out from the scheduled session.

I need to know the solution of this problem so that i can handle moodle properly. can you help me out on this problem?

Thank you.

Manipushp Rajvanshi

In reply to Manipushp Rajvanshi

by preeti bajaj -

Hi Manipushp,

You need to install the Moodle-WiZiQ setup files. The details and the step-by-step procedure is mentioned at http://www.wiziq.com/downloads/Moodle along with the videos.

In the default implementation, the WiZiQ sessions are created as Moodle events and thus it will be available to all the users who are a part of that course. You may however teak the code and customize the same. In case you have any further queries, please let us know and we would be happy to solve them.

Thanks,

Preeti Bajaj

@WiZiQ

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
A new Live Class module is now available at http://org.wiziq.com/moodle/ from WiZiQ. This version does not require registration by teachers or students to attend. Please note that developers/webmasters need to register to download, which is quick and easy.

by Fred Quay -
Hi Jagdeep,

would you be kind enough to better explain us your politics towards Moodle teachers ?
as a Premium Wiziq user, I have no more access to Wiziq classes through Moodle, after so saying 3O days free trial : It's demanded to pay at least a monthly 150 US$ to enter your offer.

5 room
(25 recordings)
$150 / month
10 room
(50 recordings)
$225 / month
25 room
(100 recordings)
$325 / month
50 room
(150 recordings)
$450 / month
100 room
(225 recordings)
$600 / month

Gasp ! You offer is dedicated to the "beaux quartiers, en somme" : not the kind of school I work in. It's an offer that most of us will not be able to afford.

Please read my message to your support :

Hi,

as a member of Moodle french community, I bought a Wiziq premium to organize a monthly web-meeting with my moodle fellows.

If I do not mistake :
1. I have been said on Moodle Forums by your representative that only the WiZiq Web-meeting creator will need to sign in from August 2009.

2. I bought a one year Premium and I 'm confronted to no Premium statute through Moodle,

3.and any invitee has to sign in.

I and my fellows feel that WiziQ is hard to business : contact fishing, discontinued services through Moodle interface, poor Moodle interface.

in these conditions, my money is lost and you lose Moodlers supporters among which have been many to need web-meeting from now on.

Best regards

Fred Quay

PS1 : or I misunderstand your conditions and you will help me to better understand your offer through Premium Access
PS2 : Copy of my message will be posted on Moodle English and French forums.
In reply to Fred Quay

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hello Fred,

I think there has been some misunderstanding. In my announcement for the latest module, I provided the new link: http://org.wiziq.com/moodle/ where it is clearly stated that the new module can be tried for free but needs to be purchased after the trial period. To quote, "It’s FREE to start - you can then choose paid packages.........from flexible pricing options. See Pricing"

The premium service on WiZiQ is different from the WiZiQ module for Moodle and both are separate services. As you may see, all features of the premium service are listed as compared to the free service on the premium service link above.

Please be assured - we are absolutely transparent and answerable about our services. If there is any confusion, I suggest that you continue your dialog with our support team who can provide you every detail about each service. They can also provide you further options if you are not satisfied with our services.

Best regards and wishes,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu
@WiZiQ

by Joao Carapinha -
I've installed Wiziq and dropped the folders into their required locations as per the documentation. However, when I click on "Wiziq Live Class" under activities, i see a page headed "Wiziq Live Class" with a message "Be careful modifying these settings - strange values could cause problems.". The same happens under the blocks section.

Then, if I try adding an activity in the course (specifically Wiziq Live Class), I see a message telling me my request is being processed and then another screen appears that is headed "Wiziq Live Class Schedule your Wiziq Live Class" and this is the an informative portion of the url "mod/wiziq/auto.php?id=2&section=0&sesskey=iqLKp3s3jF&add=wiziq"

Any idea what this could be about, and why it does not go through to the next step?

Thanks
In reply to Joao Carapinha

by WizIQ Inc. -

Here are the system requirements for using WiZiQ Virtual Classroom module for moodle:

1. Moodle 1.7 or above version
  2. PHP 5.0 or above
  3. Soap module enabled

And if you still find trouble in using the module/scheduling a class, please contact us at support@wiziq.com.

Thanks

by Shota Barbakadze -
I'm installed Wiziiq and dropped the folders into their required locations as per the documentation. However, when I click on "Wiziq Live Class" under activities, i see a page headed "Wiziq Live Class" with a message "Be careful modifying these settings - strange values could cause problems.". The same happens under the blocks section.

Then, if I try adding an activity in the course (specifically Wiziq Live Class), a see a message telling me my requesting is being processed and then another screen appears that "Schedule your Wiziq Live Class". It doesn't allow me to manage Wiziq Live Class.

Thanks
Attachment wiziq_screenshot.jpg

by Sedessia Spivey -

I'm attempting to install WiZiQ live class module on my moodle site which is hosted at Godaddy.com.  However, I am having the following problems:

1. I'm trying to review my settings to see if my moodle site is connecting to my wizIQ account and it appears that it is not.  When I turn editing on I get an error - "a required parameter (module) was missing".

2. When attempting to schedule a course using the wiziq activity module, I’m getting a blank page. 

Could someone help me with these issues. 

In reply to Sedessia Spivey

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -

Hi Sedessia and Shota,

I suggest that you send an email to support@wiziq.com for a quick resolution to your issues. Every installation is unique and depends upon a lot of variables. You will get customized support from our technical hands at WiZiQ Support.

Best,

Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Sedessia Spivey -

Jagdeep,

Thanks for your response.  You are absolutely correct about the customized support.  I sent an email from my account, the customer support representative responded within 24 hours, and we were able able to find out what the problem was and resolve it. 

I must say that the technical hands at WiZiQ Support was courteous, prompt and very help in solving my issues.

-the best

-Sedessia

by Jamal Aruna -

hI jagdeep,

what will be the effect of deleteing the contents of mld_wiziq and mdl_wiziq_attendee_info?i need to delete all old links to live sessions within my courses and they are in hundreds so i cant afford to start doing it one by one....

Thanx

http://authorlive.com/aliveext/LoginToSession.aspx?SessionCode=qFcv1TY5Ojskv%2fvwHlx5%2fw%3d%3d
In reply to Jamal Aruna

by Jamal Aruna -

sorry for the link..it was an error..can the moderator please help remove it ?Thanx

In reply to Jamal Aruna

by Eduardo Graziosi Silva -

Hello, everybody!

I'm trying to discover what it means, but I didn't find. Does somebody could help me?

String could not be parsed as XML
Unable to send request to Wiziq API check Wiziq Settings. Data shown not valid

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Eduardo.

by Sebastián Saade -
Hello,
I installed the WiZiQ in Moodle 2.4. The moodle is under Microsoft SQL.

I get the following error:

"Exception - String Could not be parsed as XML"

help is appreciated
regards
sebastian saade