Moodle documentation: Logging in to at docs.moodle.org

Moodle documentation: Logging in to at docs.moodle.org

by Art Lader -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings, Fellow Moodlers,

This is odd... Lately, I sometimes cannot log into the documentation wiki. The username and password fields will not accept any input. It's as though they are read-only fields.

This is intermittent.

Anyone else running into this?

Thanks,
Art
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Art Lader

Re: Moodle documentation: Logging in to at docs.moodle.org

by Art Lader -

Hmmm... I can log in fine, but I have two students reporting that they cannot log in to the docs at http://docs.moodle.org/en/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin.

They are using both IE and Firefox and Windows (not sure what version). It is only the username and password fields that won't accept any input. The remember me check box works fine, as does the search field in the left-hand column. Cookies and JavaScript are enabled.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary in the HTML, but maybe someone has a sharper eye than I do.

<table border='0'> <tr> <td align='right'><label for='wpName'>Username:</label></td> <td align='left'> <input tabindex='1' type='text' name="wpName" id="wpName" value="" size='20' /> </td> <td align='left'> <input tabindex='3' type='checkbox' name="wpRemember" value="1" id="wpRemember" /><label for="wpRemember">Remember me</label> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align='right'><label for='wpPassword'>Password:</label></td> <td align='left'> <input tabindex='2' type='password' name="wpPassword" id="wpPassword" value="" size='20' /> </td> <td align='left'> <input tabindex='4' type='submit' name="wpLoginattempt" value="Log in" /> </td> </tr> </table>

Any helpful suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Art,

Does Mauno's advice in a previous moodle docs discussion help? Otherwise, perhaps you could use the tab button to move the focus to the username and password fields.

I've not come across this problem myself (as I always have the remember me box checked wink) but it definitely requires investigation. Please add a report to the tracker.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Art Lader -

Thanks, Helen. I will check out Mauno's post. Unfortunately, tabbing does not seem to help.

If necessary, I will post this in the tracker.

-- Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Art Lader -

Just tried out Muano's suggestion and it worked! That is odd, but it is good to know. smile

It looks like you need to click the word "Username"
and "Password" itself - not the box. This must be
some kind of a relative positioning problem.

Thanks for the tip, Helen.

-- Art