Glossary rating

Glossary rating

by James Depow -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

When I enable rating of glossary terms, it shows up in the grades section for students.  Is this supposed to happen?  Is it possible to enable rating without impacting grades?

Thanks,

Jim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Depow

Re: Glossary rating

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

Is this supposed to happen?

Yes, whenever you use grades or ratings in an activity, they will show up in the gradebook.

Is it possible to enable rating without impacting grades?

It is is possible to enable rating without impacting the total grade. If you use a custom scale instead of a numerical rating, then even though the ratings will show up in the gradebook, they will not be incorporated into the total grade.

Hope this helps,
Przemek

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: Glossary rating

by Mayank Madhav -
Custom scale rating showing in 'course total' as percentage and also effecting the 'course total' when another glossary with numeric scale used?

I made two glossaries for one set the rating out of 100. For second glossary I made custom scale and both were set to 'everyone can rate entries in glossary'.
So glossary ratings can be done by both students and teachers, except for their own entries to glossary. A student is able to see only his latest updated rating for the entry created by others,but not the rating given by others. Only a teacher/admin can see average of custom ratings done by others, and also rate the entries made by others.

When we are only rating the entries of 'custom rated' glossary it shows 'course total' in the grade report as percentage.How is this percentage score being generated for 'custom scale' ?
When only number scale glossary is used the 'course total' is average of rating scores but when using both glossaries the 'course total' changes.So probably choosing 'custom scale' is still effecting the total score.