Polish language pack hijacking days & months

Polish language pack hijacking days & months

от Przemyslaw Stencel -
Количество ответов: 4
When doing the upgrade to 1.3 I added the Polish language pack to my Moodle installation (originally I only had English). Then, all of a sudden, the names of the days and months started displaying in Polish, even for users who had English selected in their profiles. Here are the relevant site variables:
  • default language was set to English (!)
  • locale: en (!)
I've had to delete the Polish language pack to solve it (this is OK for now, because we don't really need Polish at this stage, but we will need it soon)

Any ideas why this is happening?

TIA,
Przemek
В ответ на Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: Polish language pack hijacking days & months

от Martin Dougiamas -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Documentation writers Изображение пользователя Moodle HQ Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers Изображение пользователя Testers
Er, no idea.  I'm going with "it's your imagination".  подмигиваю подмигиваю
В ответ на Martin Dougiamas

от Przemyslaw Stencel -

LOL! big grin

I'll share my dreams with you, then wink (see screenshot). Another idea: could this be because of some settings on the server rather than because of Moodle settings?

Приложение hijack.gif

от Przemyslaw Stencel -

An update:

I've re-installed the Polish language pack, because it seems to depend on the locale setting (and the en locale seems to be the cuplrit)

If locale is set to:
Days and months are in:
AM/PM is displayed:
en
Polish
No
en_US
English
Yes

Any reasons for that behaviour?

от Art Lader -
Hmmm,

The French seem to be getting aggressive, too. улыбаюсь

When I view courses as the sysadmin, and only then, , the French language pack takes over.

It's okay, not really a problem. In fact, it just makes we want to visit France again some time soon, but since you brought it up...
Приложение french.png