Wrong relevant Icon display

Wrong relevant Icon display

by Genner Cerna -
Number of replies: 8

when .ps extension file is uploaded wrong icon display. the icon of a image is showed instead of .pdf icon. how do I correct this?

same goes when linking webpage externally the icon display is resource instead of .html icon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Genner Cerna

Re: Wrong relevant Icon display

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've fixed the pdf/ps/eps icons in CVS ... cvs:/moodle/files/mimetypes.php

The default resource icon IS the HTML icon.  Note that external pages are subject to the same rules as upload files ... if you link to an external Flash file then it shows a Flash icon.  However, I've now made a web.gif icon (based on your html icon) to be shown for external pages with no other type eg www.google.com
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Genner Cerna -
Thanks for the quick response, I've notice when I added the webpage with the ending extension the icon display correct otherwise not. Maybe the solution for that is what you stated above...
In reply to Genner Cerna

by Genner Cerna -

Here's my icon for .ps... hope you could include this the patch release...

Attachment ps.gif
In reply to Genner Cerna

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That one doesn't do much for me ... but did you know you can specify a complete set of your own icons in your own theme?  You just create a pix directory in your theme, and change a setting in theme/yourtheme/config.php ... see cordoroyblue for an example.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Tim Wilson -
So various types of Resources are supposed to have different icons? I just installed Moodle for the first time (v. 1.3), and one of my first thoughts (right after, "Wow, what an awesome piece of software!") was that I would like some visual hint that the Resource I created was a Web Link.
In reply to Tim Wilson

by Martin Dougiamas -
This now works in post-1.3 versions.  But if the thing you linked to is a known type of document (eg PDF) then it shows students the PDF icon rather than the Web link icon on the assumption this is more meaningful.