Second letter "i" in a word

Second letter "i" in a word

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I'm an English teacher and I'm creating a grammar and usage glossary for my students who frequently write the word I with a small letter: i

I've created an entry for i where "Match whole words only" and "This entry is case sensitive" are selected. Most instances of the letter i within words are not glossed, but for those in which the letter i appears twice, the second instance is.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do about it?

I'm on Moodle 1.6.3

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't think how to search for it in the forums.

Glenys

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: Second letter "i" in a word

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Glenys,

Unfortunately 1.6 is a fairly old version of Moodle and I no longer have it on my test sites. I have tested your case with Moodle 1.8 and cannot see the problem you report. My filter settings are: Filter match once per page and Filter match once per text not ticked.

As you can see on attached screen shot only whole words "i" (including i'm, i've, etc.) are hyperlinked to the glossary. Words with 2 'i' in them are not hyperlinked. Can you not upgrade to 1.8?

ATB

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply though it's what I feared it would be: upgrade to 1.8.

This is not possible for me: my university technicians are afraid of causing problems in courses already running, particularly with wikis. I'll be lucky if the upgrade is done next summer. sad

ATB (didn't know this one but I think I've worked it out)
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
>ATB (didn't know this one but I think I've worked it out)

This acronym works in English (All The Best) and... French (A Très Bientôt), well, kind of.

University technicians are the most conservative people I know (actually, they come second, after university professors).wink

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Well, in fact, I do get some "i"s within words hyperlinked even in Moodle 1.8. But this problem seems to happen at random. Interesting little bug.
Joseph