Logout after restore

Logout after restore

by Niels Reuter -
Number of replies: 0
Hello everyone,

I have a backup course created from a moodle 1.7.1 version. When I try to import this course into a moodle 1.8.3+ version, it logs me out right after having analyzed the backup.

Below is a step by step procedure of what I have done to restore the course. Perhaps I did something wrong here, although I highly doubt so.

Step by step
I create a new course category and a new course. In that new course, I select the "Restore" option. I select the zip file created by the backup and it continues to the next screen. It asks me to continue and I click on yes.

On the next page, it lists the following:
  • Creating temporary structures
  • Deleting old data
  • Copying zip file
  • Unzipping backup
  • Checking for BlackBoard export
  • Checking backup
  • Reading info from backup
Below this list, I can see the course, backup and backup details. All of this is going as it is supposed to be. I click on continue and are prompted to enter the course information.

I have tried restoring it to a new course and an existing course, both giving the same result of loging me out. I leave the remaining information on default, including everything from the backup.

As soon as I hit continue on this page, it redirects me to the login page and I'm logged out. When I log in again with the same account, it says "No files have been selected to restore".

From this point on, nothing has been restored and I'm clueless as to what I should do to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any help smile!
Average of ratings: -