References in wiki?

References in wiki?

by dan donche -
Number of replies: 4
How do I add anchors and links within a single page? I want to add references to wikis just like on wikipedia.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to dan donche

Re: References in wiki?

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Dan,

we also implement references like Wikipedia in NWiki. Just try something like this:

Insert a reference
This is <ref name="ref0">reference 0</ref>
This is <ref name="ref1">reference 1</ref>
This is <ref name="ref0">reference 0</ref>
This is <ref name="ref1">reference 1</ref>

<references>
<references/>

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Joe Amatrucola -

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to get this to work in the Wiki activity in Moodle 2.4.  Does this work?  If so, can anyone provide some more detailed information?  I've searched all over, and this is the only posting I can find about including reference links (similar to wikipedia) within a Moodle Wiki page.

Thanks

Joe

In reply to dan donche

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Dan

This for adding external references in the wiki page- You just add the word on the wiki page and then with the help insert/edit link in the HTMl editor insert the link.

For redirecting the word on a wiki page to another wiki page just enclose the word with double square bracket and then create a page with name word (word name should be same which you enclose in bracket)

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Joe Amatrucola -

Thanks Sakshi.

I appreciate the reply.  I think we're using the word "reference" differently in this post.  We're trying to create citations that allow a user to credit the source of the information they're adding to the Wiki.  See any wikipedia article for an example.

Has anyone out there successfully implemented wikipedia-like citations (references) into a Moodle wiki?

Joe