Unenroll All Students - removes assignments, journals etc.

Unenroll All Students - removes assignments, journals etc.

by Eric Swanson -
Number of replies: 4

Using Moodle 1.21 in a shared hosting environment.

We are ready to unenroll students from our first class. I've got a hidden mirror site set up for testing with a recent restore off all students, logs, assignments etc. When I unenroll students all submitted assignments, journals and surveys dissapear.

Is there any way we can archive the class and keep a 'snapshot' of all assignments, journals, survey's etc from the students who were enrolled without giving them access to log in? If not I can accomplish it by using a hidden, password protected'  site on a different URL but it would be nice if we could keep e.g. "Class Name Spring 2004" as a snapshot for future reference.

thanks,

Eric

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Swanson

Re: Unenroll All Students - removes assignments, journals etc.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just hide the whole course ... it remains whole but inaccessible.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Klavs Sedlenieks -
I would still be interested in a possibility to archive at least the essays that a student has submitted. If I create a copy of a course, then what happens in, say, 5 years? we have 5 invisible copies of all courses? Not very neat.
In reply to Klavs Sedlenieks

by ben reynolds -
Klavs,
Hiding the course prevents students from entering. Thus, it is not necessary to unenroll them, and you don't lose their work.

My institution's process is, indeed, to make a new copy of a course (between 2 and 20 identical copies) per term. And we do indeed keep them all.

They start out identical, but they end up individual, different.
In reply to Eric Swanson

by Eric Swanson -

Thank you Martin.

We've had excellent reviews from our first course and plan many more in the future. I'll add us/register us to the site list after the first one ends in a day or two.

Eric