examview how-to guide

Re: examview how-to guide

by Louis Fleming -
Number of replies: 0
Part of the problem is changes made at Examview after being purchased by eInstruction.

The xml format...was one that was recognized by part of einstruction's competitors.

I have watched einstruction and Qwizdom play this drama since I told their tech people at a trade show that someone needed to make their software read examview files.

I am and was a die hard examview user.

A few years later - both companies open and read examview files to some extent

Then the purchase of Examview basically allows einstruction to slam the door and shut Qwizdom out of all future work done in Examview versions beyond 5.0 as there is no longer a way to get questions from Examview into Qwizdom.

I quit buying the software from Examview at version 5.

So my version 4 exports xml that Moodle loads very easily. I have converted some 200+ files with Examview into moodle and have few problems other than images.

Louis

I suspect that there is concern at Examview that the XML format opens the door for Qwizdom to get there material once more.

It would be great if the new examview exported Moodle ready files....but in all honesty - the new Examview is somewhat anal in design. I think they will drag their feet to prevent losing any influence over Qwizdom.

Ask your teacher friends who have old sample copies of teacher textbooks around - many of those have Examview 4 packed inside