Looking for a Glossary

Looking for a Glossary

by Steven Geggie -
Number of replies: 2

I'm teaching a computer hardware course in the fall and I'm wondering if anyone has a glossary that I can use.

(I actually have a 67 page glossary in MS Word, but I cannot figure out how to import it without a large amount of effort)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Geggie

Re: Looking for a Glossary

by Hans de Zwart -
Not actually an answer to your question, but hopefully a suggestion you might use: Why don't you let your students write their own collaborative glossary? This way you create an extensive glossary, based on a discussion. It saves you work (although you would probably have to moderate the discussion) because the bulk of the work is distributed. The Moodle glossary module is really made for this kind of thing!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Hans de Zwart

Re: Looking for a Glossary

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I was thinking the same thing as Hans.   Why not assign students to post both their own ideas, as well as copying and posting some items from your old glossary.   Post the current MS Word file on the site for all to see, then have each student to input an assigned number of entries.  That way they can get used to creating glossaries.  Then as further homework, have them each post 2 "missing" concepts that they research and write.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)