Increasing choices in multiple choice quiz

Increasing choices in multiple choice quiz

by Shin Okada -
Number of replies: 6
Can anyone tell me how to increase or change the number of choices in multiple choices quiz? At the moment I have 3 choices, but I'd like to increase to 4 or 5.

Can I do It?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shin Okada

Re: Increasing choices in multiple choice quiz

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Elvis,

This question has been asked many times, and the answer depends on your Moodle version Please use the Advanced Search option and query this Quiz module forum for an answer.wink

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is such a frequently asked thing, it is about time I changed it in in the official Moodle release.

I think I will change it to 5 choices, since the request is almost always for 4 or 5. I'll leave shortanswer and numerical questions at 3 since the common usage pattern is different there, I think, and it is better to keep those forms shorter.

Can anyone remember if there is there an issue number in the tracker for this yet?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ray Lawrence -
This is good news Tim. Thanks.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
For reference, MDL-11310, and it is fixed.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks Tim! You just killed another local customization I had on my production server. One less thing to keep track of. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Shin Okada -
Ok. I read it and found that you can change it through .php.

But it should be able to change as a teacher wishes in future. I hope it will happen in next release.

Cheers.