Michael Rottmeier's Jmemori and gradebook

Michael Rottmeier's Jmemori and gradebook

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,
I have been playing around with Michael Rottmeier's jmemori, but when it is uploaded to moodle it doesn't seem to record any grade in the gradebook. While it is a learning tool, it would be nice (and useful) to know somehow if a student had attempted the jmemori exercise or not, and this could be probably best achieved through some kind of grade in the gradebook. Any ideas on how this could be done?

Cheers
Robert
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: Michael Rottmeier's Jmemori and gradebook

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
How interesting - I haven't come across jmemori before.

The HotPot module does handle some (DropDown v2.4 and FindIt v3.1) of Michael Rottmeier's ingenious quizzes , but I don't think it would recognize jmemori.

For my future reference, here is the home of JMemori:
http://teachingtools.michael-rottmeier.de/jmt_jmemory_v5_1.htm

It seems to be a variant of JMatch, oh but wait a minute, it only seems to work with JMatch from Hot Potatoes v5. The current HotPot module is designed to work only with HP6 quizzes.

I intend to include support for HP5 quizzes in the new HotPot module (which I am feverishly working away at) There's a chance we could include JMemori in the new HotPot module. Do you have a lot of JMemori quizzes?

cheers!
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Christian Eckhardt -
Thanks for your answer to "Report does not show results". My problem was obviously that I was given HotPot 5 files that don't work with Moodle 1.8, as my newer files work perfectly well.
In reply to Christian Eckhardt

by henny jellema -
Beste Christian and Gordon,

I use the memmory output, but as far as I know there is no results score. It does not correspond with the attemps of the students in any case.

That is it in the normal exercise, so I don't think I would be possible to get it in Moodle.

What a good solution would be is a counting of the clicks a student makes in one exercise.

Hart. gr. van Henny.