Flash Themes Pkgs Ready 2 Download - Matias&Nahuel

Flash Themes Pkgs Ready 2 Download - Matias&Nahuel

by Juan Aburto -
Number of replies: 40

Hello again, after a few problems i have finished the 2 themes, I would like to thanks all the people that support me and all the ones that encourage me to keep doing this work.

Enjoy the themes, just change the textos.txt to your own title page in the flash movie, please send me and email if you use the theme and put a smile on my face.

Thanks

Juan Aburto

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Aburto

Re: Flash Themes Pkgs Ready 2 Download - Matias&Nahuel

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
A good start!  Unfortunately I could never package this with Moodle as it's not under the GPL and there are a number of things I would want to change. Will you consider a version under the GPL license?   mixed

(Please don't start any more new discussions about these themes ... just continue in one of the existing six. Thanks.)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Juan Aburto -

No problem at all.. Just tell me what to do.. and I'll do my best...

(blush ok i'll do that)

by Juan Aburto -
So, how can I contribute the themes under GPL?
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi!  If you want to do this you would need to attach a copy of the GPL with your copyright info on it, so that you allow people to distribute it, modify it etc.  You'd also have to include source code for the Flash file (.fla) under the same conditions.

Some of the things I would want to see fixed (or would change myself) to make it a general purpose theme would be:
  • Instead of the textos.txt file, the text is passed to the applet as a parameter so that it can automatically use the site name as defined in the Moodle settings.  eg "nahuel.swf?text=$sitename" and possibly also other heading texts on each page.
  • Make the buttons more visible and less like the text-entry spaces.
  • Fix the alignment of graphics in the header when used with bigger fonts.
  • Make the Moodle logo bigger and make it link to moodle.org.

by Juan Aburto -

I understand, I would like to help on this but you have me lost when pasing the parameter in the applet, I offer my help, all my files and if you are willing to instruct me to correct the alignment problem.

For the buttons I did what i can to make it different colors but did not change when tested sad  .

Where you want me to send the fla, psd, files?

In reply to Juan Aburto

by W Page -
¡Juan !

Yo estoy alegre que tú has decidido permanecer con Moodle. Yo estoy gozando  tus temas.

[Juan! I am glad you decided to stay with Moodle. I am ejoying your themes.]

Please correct my spanish if it is not totally correct, including the use of the familiar "you" if it is not appropriate here. I am still learning. smile

WP1

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Great, Juan, just email them to me.  I can also give you CVS access to maintain the themes within the Moodle tree, just email me your sourceforge username.  See the CVS docs for details about this.

by Juan Aburto -
ok, all done! including in the email are the flas, psds, htmls, and themes and ofcourse username at sourceforge.
In reply to Juan Aburto

by howard waler -
Great news!

But how do I download these themes from SourceForge?

I can find them, but I can only download each of the many files individually--not cool!

Is there a .zip file or .tar file I can download?
In reply to howard waler

by Wilson Cortez Ribeiro -

Hi Walter

Did you look at the top of the post? smile

Open file in new window FLASH-THEMES-pkgs-Matias-Nahuel4moodle.zip

In reply to Wilson Cortez Ribeiro

by Sean S -
I just started using your theme at my site http://seans-english.com
In reply to Sean S

by Josep M. Fontana -
I cannot download these Flash themes. After 128 Kb, it stops dowloading. I've tried many times. Can anybody tell me how I can get these themes?

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Tim Allen -
Hmm, it works for me. thoughtful The zip file is only 127KB too...

Anyway, I've sent it as an attachment to your email address, hope that helps.

Tim.  smile
In reply to Tim Allen

by Josep M. Fontana -
Thanks Tim and WP1, got it!

Boy, who says that the weakness of open source software is support? I ask for support and I get it immediately and on a Sunday? I don't think I would have obtained this quick and wonderful assistance had I been using a product from Micro$oft.

What I find really strange is that I'm not able to download this file from the forum. I think it happened to me before. I've been downloading files all day without any problem, but when I try to donload this one I cannot open it. Oh well, the important thing is that I have it. Thanks again!

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Tom Murdock -
Speaking of Microsoft... I don't know if you use Mozilla Firefox, but it is a great browser.   I'm not sure if your downloads are failing with IE, but if so, you should consider this other great tool...
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Josep M. Fontana -
Tom,

I use nothing but Firefox, you are preaching to the converted here big grin.
I hope Bill Gates or any of his supporters does not see this interaction, though, because right after reading your message it occurred to me to try and download
the Flash based themes with IE (I haven't uninstalled it from my computer because sometimes it becomes necessary) to see if I also had a problem.
Well, I hate to say this, because I'm definitely a supporter of the Mozilla initiative, but I downloaded the file without any problems with IE.

I've tried again with Firefox without success. The file does seem to be downloaded, but when I try to open the zip archive, I get the message "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive".

This doesn't mean that the source of the problem is Firefox, because obviously many of you are able to download attachments from the forums without any problems with this browser. But I must have something in my configuration (I cannot really figure out where) that makes the combination of Firefox and files attached to forums a bad one (I have no problems downloading files outside Moodle).  I've had other strange problems with Firefox in Moodle that I'm unable to explain, like the fact that in my Moodle site I cannot use the winking smilie in the Moodle HTML editor.

Anyway, in spite of my problems, the advice is good and I keep on giving it myself wink In the moodle.org site, the winking smiley obviously works, so it is clearly not a problem with Firefox in general, but I do have a problem with MY Firefox or with some other part of the software installed in my computer. Maybe it is time for that horrendous reformat and reinstall sad.

By the way, Rene, cool site! Perhaps you could explain what you did to adjust it. It looks even better than the original.

Josep M.
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Rodrigo Vera -

Hola Juan

Veo que eres capo para los Themes ¿Me puedes ayudar?

Quiero saber si existe la posibilidad de dar bordes redondeados a las tablas de Moodle usando CSS. He intentado algunas cosas, he visto algunos mesnsajes, pero recien estoy empezando a estudiar CSS y la verdad es que se me va en collera por el momento

Agradecere cualquier informacion al respecto.

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Conrad Taylor -

Hi Juan..

I have download your themes, excellent work.. cheers for all your hard work... just one query.. In the top right hand corner of the Nahuel theme the time and dates gets displays, It seems this in reading the server time zone rather than client time zone is this the case as for my site the current time is 22:26 pm but the theme time displays Mon 17th May,2004 05:00 pm..

Just curious, any suggestions???

Cheers Conrad

In reply to Conrad Taylor

by Juan Aburto -

displays Mon 17th May,2004 05:00 pm

Ok find this in the header.html

<td width="31%"><div align="right"><?php print date("D dS M,Y h:i a");?></div></td>

change to:

<td width="31%"><div align="right"><?php print date("D dS M,Y ");?></div></td>

wil display Mon 17th May,2004

or read this links

Php date function  

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Marc Paré -
Hi Juan:

Great themes!  I was wondering if you know how I could display French accents in the textos.txt title.  When I try to insert a French character it comes out either as a mini-square or as a blank.  I want to display "Français langue seconde" but the " ç " will not display!

Muchas gracias para toda tu tema y tu ayuda!

You can see my website at (I am trying and probably will use your theme): 

www.frenchasasecondlanguage.org/moodle/

À bientôt!

Marc

In reply to Marc Paré

by auser asuer2 -

as-tu essaye de mettre : &ccedil;  (shift +7 pour l'esperluette) dans le fichier texte

au lieu du c cedille?

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Don Julio -
Hola Juan:
Thx for your Themes, really a nice piece of work.
it would be possible to add a brief welcome sound in the homepage?, or click sounds when pointing courses, and calendar dates?, if i could help or assist in any of these, ill be glad to!!
thanks again.

In reply to Don Julio

by Trizit Benjaboonyazit -
Sawaddee Juan:
Your Flash Themes is great, I download and use it at  http://elearning.bangkaew.com 
Since my site is for  Thai Bangkaew Dog, would you mind if I change the flash movie to a dog-like one. any suggestion ?
And as you can see from my site, the font color of  links(blue) are shaded out by the background color(gray). How can I change it to be more clearly displayed ?
and when I change the text-size in the brownser, your graphics seem to disalign, and don't look great. How can I fix the text-size or what should be done.?
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Rene Louwers -

I adjusted your Nahuel_Green theme a little bit (fonts & colors) and I'm using it on my site now ( http://taocom.info/ecampus ). For now it's only in Dutch, I hope to find the time someday to make it multi language.
Thanks for this wonderful job, Juan! knipoog

Rene Louwers

In reply to Rene Louwers

by Curtis Bond -

Rene,

I love your site, but you seem to have changed more than just a little bit.  Any way to get a copy of the theme you are using now?

Curtis

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan Lara -

Hi Juan,

wonderful themes. I'm trying to use textos.txt to put my own site name in Spanish but it produces strange results since I have to use special characters. You know, this habit of Spanish using accented charecters.

Do you know what kind of coding must be used to make the SWF accept accented characters?

Thanks,

Juan Lara.

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Stéphane Goussault -

Thanks for your theme Matias, just a little problem

When I open a file ressource in a frame of the main window, the navigation menu in the header of the course is not more visible.

What can I do ?

Stephane

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Jamie Pratt -
Hi all,

I'm interested in making a Flash theme sometime in the not too distant future. I was impressed with this Flash component :

http://jamiep.org/tree/tree.swf

I think we could base both a course view and side block menu on this component. It is a little heavy (54 KB) but once it is download the movie that contains it will be cached and the same component could be used for both the course view and the menu.

This component requires at least Flash Player 6.0.79. I think any theme or course view with Flash movies embedded in it should also provide a HTML alternative.

Jamie
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan-Miguel León-Rojas -
Hi Juan:

We've a problem with calendar in Nahuel_Green.

When you pass over a signed day and it pops up information on that day's events, the background is transparent and the events titles are too small. It's impossible to read anything there.

Would you kindly tell us how can we correct this?

Muchísimas gracias,
Juan Miguel
In reply to Juan-Miguel León-Rojas

by Juan Aburto -

on style.php

find   --> .cal_popup_fg {  }

and replace by

.cal_popup_fg {

background-color: #EEE8AA;

font-size: small;

font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif;

padding: 0px;

margin: 0px;

}

and also

.cal_popup_caption {

background-color: #B0C4DE;

font-size: xx-small;

font-weight: bold;

font-family: sans-serif;

margin: 5px;

}

In reply to Juan Aburto

problemas para cambiar la fecha

by daniel --- -
 Hola Juan,

En primer lugar felicitarte por el skin porque es muy bueno. En segundo lugar tengo un problema para cambiar la fecha en el formato español, es decir, yo he hecho una función llamada "Fecha" que incluyo en el fichero "header.html" y que cuando creo un nuevo curso o doy de alta un nuevo profesor me sale el siguiente error:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fecha() (previously declared in /usr/share/moodle/theme/Skin_3_N/header.html:141) in /usr/share/moodle/theme/Skin_3_N/header.html on line 136"

El problema radica en que yo no entiendo muy bien el funcionamiento de las llamadas a header.html que se producen.¿Tienes algún How To o algo parecido que explique la estructura de llamadas entre los ficheros que componen el skin?

Muchas Gracias. Saludos.

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Stéphane Goussault -

Hi,

I would like to know if this theme will be compatible with moodle 1.5

Thanks

Stéphane

In reply to Stéphane Goussault

by Juan Aburto -

i'll be working on a 1.5 theme upgrade..

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Eric Liu -
I am from Taiwan. I am a newbi, but I do like your theme design smile

thanks