Disappearing assignment submissions. Heeeeeelp!

Disappearing assignment submissions. Heeeeeelp!

by Richard Williamson -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,
I'm having a problem with assignments in one course:
The system has recently been upgraded to 1.8, and since then there is one course (so far...) where previously uploaded assignments are not being displayed. When the assignment is clicked on, the task displays as normal, and it says "view 4 submitted assignments". When this is clicked on, however, it says "nothing to display". The students are also not able to see their uploaded assignments.

I have tried turning debugging on, but there are no messages.

Moodle: 1.8
PHP: 5.2.2
MySQL: 5.0.37
Apache: 2.2.4
APC

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Regards
Richard Williamson
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Williamson

Re: Disappearing assignment submissions. Heeeeeelp!

by Dave Baron -
We are running 1.8.2 same fault, I can see assignments using IE7 but not Firefox (my normal browser), however an hour ago I could see assignments using both browsers! Last thing I did before assignments became invisible was to click on the 'status' link on the page where you view submitted assignments. I then found that I get the message telling me 52 assignments submitted but the 'nothing to display' message, however it shows page 1.....27 to indicate users! I am logged in as an admin.
In reply to Dave Baron

by Richard Williamson -
I think there is still an issue with using status (boolean) in an sql query - or something like that. I get the same problem if I try to sort by status. the cure is to log off, then back on again.
In reply to Richard Williamson

by Lynne McCulloch -
We have recently upgraded to 1.8 and have also found that, if we try to sort assignment submissions using the 'Status' field, the entire list of submitted assignments disappears.  We've found that the only way we can then return to the submitted assignments is to close down the browser and start again, rather than just log off.  This feature worked fine in 1.7.
In reply to Lynne McCulloch

by Dale Jones -
+1 for disappeared assignments from 1.8.2+. Teachers cannot see assignments until they click "grade".

I've never sorted by "Status" only by "Last modified by student".

I get an email telling me assignments are handed in; and logged in as the user I can see them, yet as the teacher I am told there are "0 submitted assignments". Clicking this link takes me to the usual list of users but shows no assignments; clicking "Grade" for individuals allows me to see the assignment for individuals.

I just downloaded the latest 18_Stable from the uk cvs and transferred mod/assignments but no change. According to mdl-10846 this is fixed but I'm still seeing the fault, unless it's another issue. Ideas anyone?
In reply to Dale Jones

by Richard Williamson -

Just make sur ethat you don't have the "upload review" module still lurking, or any assignments which use it. IIRC, I had to go into the mdl_assignments table in the database and change any records where type was UPLOADREVIEW to UPLOADSINGLE ...or something like that. You'll work it out when you have a look at the table.

Might also be worth turning debugging on to see what it says.