"This backup file contains external Moodle Network Hosts that are not configured locally"

"This backup file contains external Moodle Network Hosts that are not configured locally"

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I had networking enabled on some of my sites but decided not to use it and turned it off.

However, it appears to have busted backup and restore of courses. I am now getting the message in the subject line when I attempt to restore a course backed up on one of the sites that had (but no longer has) networking enabled.

Any offers how to work around this?

I am using the very latest 1.8.2+
Even though the message is thrown just after the "Creating users..." step, including users (or not) in the restore makes no difference.

EDIT:
I think the root cause is backup not checking if networking is enabled or not....

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-11144

I guess you argue that it should include remote users in case you switch it back on, but in that case there needs to be some other way of "cleaning up" networking if you decide not to use it.

EDIT AGAIN:

And this don't help: MDL-11145
Average of ratings: -