Quickmail: Sending mail to hidden users

Quickmail: Sending mail to hidden users

by Adam Lipkin -
Number of replies: 4
We have a large number of Course Creators at the system level. When faculty send Quickmail messages to their entire class, the Course Creators are getting on these lists as well, even though they're set as hidden in their role assignments. Is there any way to address this at the system level (other than to have Course Creators filter their mail)? The only QM role option seems to have no effect here, and there are no block settings for it.

We do, incidentally, have Viewhiddenassigns set to "Prevent" for our Teacher role.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Lipkin
Brandeis University
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Lipkin

Re: Quickmail: Sending mail to hidden users

by Alan Brown -
I, too, have this problem as I have a hidden Inspector role which appears in all quickmail lists, even though it IS hidden i.e. doesn't show up as a participant for the students.

Can anyone help here? mixed
In reply to Alan Brown

by Jeff Wood -
I had/have a similar issue with forums. Participants are listed only for that forum and cannot be removed. They do not show in course list anywhere.

Very odd.

Jeff
In reply to Adam Lipkin

by Clark Moodler -
We have the same issue reported - "hidden" instructors are showing up as 'potential recipients' in Quickmail, which means they are getting emails sent to all that they should not.

I set up an issue in the tracker for this as I couldn't find another:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-21806

Best,
Clark
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Clark Moodler

by Lillie Williams -

Was any progress ever made on this? I'm currently having this same issue in Moodle 1.9, but with the "quickmail for large classes" block.

It's really inconveinient to have all the hidden roles receiving class e-mails. Any work around would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Lillie