Questionnaire: export to CSV gives fatal error

Questionnaire: export to CSV gives fatal error

by Craig Meltzer -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there,

When exporting the questionnaire, the csv has an error message embedded in it:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\questionnaire\mod\questionnaire\download.inc</b> on line <b>32</b><br />

The questionnaire consists of 3725 responses.

Versions:
Moodle: 1.8 + 2007021503
Questionnaire: 2007010801

Should we upgrade, patch or change the timeout on the server?

Thanks for your help and a great module,
Craig
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Meltzer

Re: Questionnaire: export to CSV gives fatal error

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Craig,

Looks to me like a server problem, not a Questionnaire problem. Anyway, which Moodle version are you on? What is the date of file mod/questionnaire/download.inc ? Is the first line : $Id: download.inc,v 1.3.10.1 2007/06/13 15:35:14 mchurch Exp $ ?

If it's older, and maybe your other Questionnaire files are older too, you might try to dowload a more recent version (of the whole Questionnaire).

How many questions does your questionnaire have? I expect it has 3725 respondents, not responses.

Example: a questinnaire has 10 questions and has been answered by 20 people, this gives 20 respondents and 200 responses. Which is which in your case?

Finally, you might e-mail me privately (see my profile) and attach your exported questionnaire with its data. I will treat it strictly confidentially, if this OK with your organization, of course.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Craig Meltzer -
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the response.

The file is older - I will do an update and let you know if that fixes it.

Btw - the report link shows: "All responses: view 3768"

Best regards,
Craig

by Craig Meltzer -
In case anyone else has this issue, here is the FIX:

1.) Upgrade the mod to the latest version

AND

2.) Change "max_execution_time" in apache file "php.ini". I changed it from the default of 30secs to 300secs.

by Aled Williams -

Thanks for this Craig - it's still relevant for large questionnaires/responses in Moodle 2.2.1