Book module does not appear in the list of modules

Book module does not appear in the list of modules

by Ângelo Rigo -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

I try to install book module but the book module does not appear after i move the book folder into the mod folder .

How can i fix it?

Thank´s in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ângelo Rigo

Re: Book module does not appear in the list of modules

by Andy Tagliani -
See under "Add a resource" ... the book module is now there!

Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Ângelo Rigo -

it is the first time i try to install a module on Moodle.

I just upload the book directory inside the mod directory.

I choose maintenance mode expecting to receive a message about new module found but it did not happen.

I disable maintenance mode and look at the modules list and did not find the book plugin listed.

What are the required steps to install the book module ? 

Thank´s in advance

In reply to Ângelo Rigo

by Andy Tagliani -
Download the book module, unzip the folder book, upload the folder book in the folder wwwroot/moodle/mod ... you are doing the right way. Now call the admin sector, i think you do it and the script shows you the new tables of the database.

Can you show us a screenshot Angelo from the admin->module (activity) section, and from the ftp server, here inside the folder mod.

As you wrote, i think you do all in the right way!
Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Ângelo Rigo -

Hi

After entering in maintenance mode nothing happens, some minutes later ... after logout and login again as admin user moodle show me the message of the building for the module tables.

And the book module was available from that moment on.

What i do not understand  is why when i do enter in maintenance mode it does not build the tables and show the message as expected.

I do logout and when i loging again as admin the module tables was builded .

I must have done something wrong .

How did you add your modules?

Thank´s in advance

Attachment dsvmodules.gif
In reply to Ângelo Rigo

by Just H -
Hi Angelo

Unless things have changed (I'm still running Moodle 1.6+), maintenance has nothing to do with installing modules as such.

To install a new module, you drop the folders into the correct place and then go to Admin, this is what kicks off the installation.

Maintenance mode is more for ensuring no one is online or tries to get online when you are upgrading or installing new modules which could result in them getting kicked out halfway through doing a quiz etc.

Regards
H