Do the Networking developers actually read this forum?

Do the Networking developers actually read this forum?

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
While it's good to have a forum for networking - especially as it's a new and complex feature I'm getting very concered about the lack of answers to questions in the forum.

I've found quite a number of things that either don't work as I expect or where I would really appreciate some clarifications, but silence has prevailed.

I'm actually at the point where I'm going to have to recommend not using it - which is a pitty.

Not trying to be bitchy - just concerned!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Do the Networking developers actually read this forum?I

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes, some months ago, i was really glad to see this new forum, while there where almost no messages about moodle network sad

This forum could be very helpfull, and by the time, many people are waiting for answers.

Just developers are missing sad

I also had posted some things in the developer forum...
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Do the Networking developers actually read this forum?I

by Richard Wyles -

Hi all,
While I'm not a developer I did commission the work under the auspices of the NZVLE project. The lead dveloper for Moodle Networks has been incredibly busy lately on the scalability of 1.8 as we have high volume users and due to the roles and permissions upgrades to 1.8 were causing us some major headaches. That has died down a bit so I'm sure there'll be renewed focus on this.

cheers
Richard

Re: Do the Networking developers actually read this forum?

by Lorenzo Nicora -
It is really e pity! Moodle Network is one of the most interesting new features of Moodle IMHO.
When I talked about it to an organization running 15 Moodle sites, they were really enthusiast and we planned to build a network with all their sites.

But after some tests I saw that MNET is still a little "immature".
Considering the emptiness of the forum I'm considering to fall back and to recommend not to use it sad
In reply to Lorenzo Nicora

by Martín Langhoff -
Hi Lorenzo,

- what tests did you run?
- where did you file the bugs with good steps-to-reproduce?

by Martín Langhoff -
Heh! Well, I _thought_ I was subscribed and I wasn't.

The answer is: now we do! wink
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Donal McMullan -
Hey yo - I also thought I was subscribed here... what up with that?

Explains why it's been a bit quiet ;)

Donal
Average of ratings: Useful (1)