Moodle 1.9 Beta

Moodle 1.9 Beta

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just letting you know that MOODLE_19_BETA was tagged today.

For the next week or more we will be in a *freeze* on HEAD, so please don't change any tables or add significant new code without directly contacting me first.

This lets us work on bugfixing and polishing 1.9 in HEAD where it's easier (less merging).

Soon we'll branch to MOODLE_19_STABLE however and you'll be able to do new stuff on HEAD again (a number of things are pending already).

In the meantime, I'm sure there are plenty of 1.9 bugs! tongueout Please help us flatten all of them.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle 1.9 Beta

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Martin - I have not seen any followup on CONTRIB-56 or MDL-10831 (both are about the inclusion of the feedback module into Moodle core). Initial indications were for 1.7, then 1.8, and now 1.9. Any chance of getting this in before you branch? Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, it's on my list to review for sure ... I appreciate your patience. Until now we've really had to focus on the core tasks that we've been working on ourselves as there were some deadlines involved.

by Anthony Borrow -
Martin - I'm glad to hear that inclusion of feedback (and/or questionnaire) is still on the list. I just didn't want it to fall through the cracks. The work on 1.9 has been impressive and I am yet again excited with the beta release. Now that I am back at the office I will start looking at what is needed to get GBPv2 data to migrate to 1.9. Peace - Anthony

by Mike Churchward -
Can we add the 'HEAD' yet? I have a couple of things of interest that I think people will want...

1) A new field type for extra profile information,
2) Configurable redirect page after account confirmation.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No. There is still not a stable branch.

Not having a stable branch means that people can't start cheching-in on Moodle 2.0 work yet. However, it means that when fixing the remainging 1.9 bugs (http://tracker.moodle.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10251) we don't have to merge from the stable branch to HEAD all the time.

Since we all want 1.9 as soon as possible, the later consideration is still taking priority.

Marting metioned today that he still wants to see 1.9 out by 30th Sept, but there is still much to do, so don't rely on it - but do help fix the remaining 1.9 bugs if you can.

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Hi Martin could you please also review MDL-9772 and MDL-10353 please? These two issues seems to be related (probably duplicate) but this bug really made the calendar unusable. Thanks!