A monthly format needed...

A monthly format needed...

by Shevchenko Dmitry -
Number of replies: 12
Hello, I would like to ask if anyone has developed a monthly format for his course or knows where to get such a format. Our course does not require division by weeks, but by months. Can anyone help with that?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shevchenko Dmitry

Re: A monthly format needed...

by Lori Ketola -
I need this as well.
In reply to Lori Ketola

by Lori Ketola -
Never mind... got it smile
In reply to Lori Ketola

by Steve Towson -
How?tongueout
In reply to Steve Towson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Why not just use the topic format and rename them months?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by victor vargas -
Use Theme format and rename using months.
In reply to victor vargas

by Iuri Jacob -
Victor,

Where can I find this "Theme format"? It´s not bundled with the default moodle instalation. Googling it does not return a reasonable result.

Iuri
In reply to Iuri Jacob

by A. T. Wyatt -
A new course format has been contributed here:
http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1856

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just to let folks know I have uploaded a slightly modified version of Amr's months course format which we will maintain in CVS. The most significant change is that I display the section header as the full month name with a four digit year (i.e. October 2008). I thought have the year was important if someone had 50 sections and the user was scrolling down we want them to see easily which year they are in. This new course format could be very useful for business settings which may do some type of collaboration on a monthy basis.

I created CONTRIB-817 to track the addition of the code to CVS and a zip file is attached there however once we get the auto-generated zip files from CVS then I will switch the links on the Modules and Plugins page to point there so folks will always have the latest and the greatest. Some good testing of the course format is needed and would be most welcomed. In addition, if folks want to translate the language pack, the translations can be uploaded to CONTRIB-817 and I will add where appropriate. Also, please feel free to create a new issue in the tracker with any suggestions, bugs, improvements, etc. OK, now I'm off to the GSOC Mentor's Summit! Peace - Anthony
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Paul Tosney -
Hi Anthony,
thanks for the work on this plugin. I am having a bit of a problem though - probably something simple!

I have the downloaded zip file from the Modules & Plugins page. It contains 3 php files (ajax, format, config). I have copied this into the course/format/monthly folder on my Moodle 1.9.2. I logged out of Moodle and back in and Monthly wasn't on the list.

I did a bit of reading and read that perhaps there is a language file neded. So I copied the lang file from the CONTRIB-817 and dropped that into monthly/lang/en_utf8. I logged out abd back in and still no Monthly in the drop down course format list??

Paul
In reply to Paul Tosney

by Anthony Borrow -
Paul - Sorry you were having trouble, I've modified the M&P page to use the Moodle download server. So the link should actually be:

http://download.moodle.org/download.php/plugins/course/format/months.zip

The months.zip file will contain the language files. I've gone ahead and added a Spanish translation (other translations are welcome). The way that the latest version is designed is that it should create a folder called /course/format/months to be consistent with weeks (rather than /course/format/monthly).

Try renaming the folder from monthly to months (and make sure you are using the latest files) and I think you will be in good shape. If not, let me know and we will figure it out. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Paul Tosney -
Hi Anthony,
thanks for the quick reply and your link and updated files - it works!smile

Thanks!

regards
Paul
In reply to Paul Tosney

by Anthony Borrow -
Paul - I'm happy that the information worked for you - that is good news. Happy Moodling! Peace - Anthony