We are using Moodle 1.7.1 at a Government department in New Zealand. We areplanning on deploying 100MB of CBT files (Flash files developed using Captivate) to 12,000 machines across a WAN.
(1) Network traffic is limited as it's used by other enterprise applications
(2) Users should have all-day access to training material
(3) Scores of each users should be captured and reported from Moodle
What we've done so far:
(1) We have deployed 100MB of CBT Flash files to 12,000 PCs
(2) We have configured Moodle to read from local file system (it's seamless to the users)
(3) We are unable to return scores back to Moodle because 'cross-domain' issues and security issues (ActiveX etc)
What we're working on:
(1) Is there a way to deploy this type of solution in a repeatable fashion? - We aim to push new CBT packages to 12,000 machines every 2-3 months as the systems are being enhanced
(2) Are there other alternatives allowing 100MB of files to be accessed by 12,000 machines during the day without heavy network load
* This is a big challenge for us and may cripple us long-term so I would appreciate any ideas, advise or thoughts!
Government Department @ New Zealand